Any interest in TEQ badges for your trucks? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Over the last few months I have received quite a few emails from folks with Tacomas, T100's, Toyota Pickups, Tundras, 4runners, etc. asking if I would make the TEQ grille badges for their vehicle. I own a 97 80 series and wanted one for myself so I made one that became very popular and I started making large batches of them. They are made of ABS plastic using one of my 3D printers. I got quite a bit of interest from the FJ40 and FJ55 guys, so I already made a design for them. I am thinking about expanding into other Toyota models, but before I spend a ton of time making a brand new product I need to know if there is any interest. At this point I'm not getting into pricing, shipping, selling, etc. I just need to gauge interest. If the interest is there I will start work on a prototype. What I would need is a loaner grille from the different year Toyota trucks. Who ever shipped me their grille would get a free and installed perfected prototype when I shipped their grille back. I would need it for 1-2 weeks max. I'm in Socal near Big Bear so maybe a local who has a grille could meet me so we don't have to deal with shipping. I am not asking anyone to commit to buying anything. This is simply to gauge interest. Also, I have been making cup holders for the 80 series. If there is another Toyota model that is lacking in the cupholder department and could use a single or double cup holder; then please let me know. If I can get that center console for a 1-2 weeks then I would return it with a free cupholder. Here's some pics of what I have already done.

[/URL]

Last edited:
Why did I get moved to this forum? This thread isn't selling anything. I'm just trying to see if there is interest in me developing a future product. That purpose does me no good in this forum. If I need to take down the pics since they are of products I do sell then let me know and I would be happy to take them down. I just need to know if there would be interest. I don't want to commit to developing a new product if there isn't any buyers.

I would be interested

I would need the emblem to pull the main amount of dimensions from. To get final fitment perfected I would actually need the grille for a day or two. If a 100 series guy could send me an emblem I could get this project started. I would need it for about a week and would then ship it back on my dime. If you could help me track down a 100 series guys that is local (socal) then I could probably just drive to their place and pull the final dimensions from their grille.

I'm interested i n one for a first gen. (79-81)

Can you take a pic of that front grille and post it here? A buddy of mine in my old Jeep club now drives an old 4Runner and I'm assuming it has the same grille. His has that shell that comes off in the back to make it look more like a truck with a roll bar and back seat. I could probably use his grille for dimensions since he is local, but I just want to make sure they match.

How bout this? I don't think the 4Runners and first gens are the same.

IMAG0323.jpg

Your right. That is a totally different front grille, BUT now that I see it; I know where I might be able to find one like it. A guy at my church drives a yellow 83' yota custom cab that looks exactly like that truck but I think his has like 5 or 6 square openings on the front and not the 4. Not sure on that, I'm trying to use some very foggy memory. The grille you have would look awesome with a "TEQ" badge on the left side (passenger) to balance out the "Toyota" on the right. If the 83 grille wont work out, then maybe you could ship me yours. I would build you the perfect fitting TEQ badge, install it, and ship it all back for free. If your not really interested in that, then I will keep my eyes open, next time I'm at the pick-n-pull yard.

My truck is an 83, but I converted it to the 79-81 round headlight style so the grille is from those earlier years.

Right now I'm working on the Tundra grille, FJ Cruiser grille, and the 91-95 pick up grille. I was able to track down all of those grilles. Once those are ready to bring to the market (which should be VERY soon) then I will move on to the other years. It all comes down to my ability to get these grilles loaned to me for a week or two. The old grille with the 4 square holes that came on the early 80's trucks will be my next project since I have access to that grille. After that will be the 90's and early 2000's tacomas, then the FJ100's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom