Any info. on this FJ40 interior decal? 1980 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
Hey,
anyone have any details on this interior decal, passenger side...

thx...
inner_decal.gif

Was yours a Japan model originally? Looks like a local shop (local to Japan that is)...

Arakawa is the actual builder of Land Cruisers. Today they are know as Araco. All Land Cruisers have been built by them since the beginning. My 40 and 60 have Arakawa stickers, the 80 has several Araco stickers. I believe Aracao(Arakawa) is Toyota's truck builder. I read somewhere that they actually use better parts than the rest of the Toyota line and that's part of the reason the TLC's last so long.

No it is not a local body shop sticker. That same sticker is/was on my '82 BJ60 that was originally purchased in Naniamo, B.C. I think it's equivalent to the "Fisher Body" that you see on some GM cars (older ones anyway).

Well,
I jumped the gun on posting before searching, sorry for that.
Anyway, if anyone wants to know......I found this site on search for ARAKAWA...

http://www.birfield.com/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/04-00.html

4.0 Body Styles
All Land Cruiser bodies before the 1990s (Except the Bundera and the 45 Wagon) were made by Arakawa Auto Body, a division of Toyota. In the early 90s, Arakawa Auto Body became Araco. Araco also manufactures the interiors for Land Cruisers, Lexuses, and other Toyota cars and trucks. Toyota manufactures the Bundera/LandCruiser II/Prado body, and Gifu Body manufactured the 45 Wagon. The remainder of the vehicle (except in some cases the engines) is manufactured at Toyota's Honsya plant (Factory code A11)

heres a groovy ole Toyota Body plate from a 67 Stout
40710547.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom