Any info on the 9-18 Kebler pass run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cannot go on Saturday (got volunteered to do something) but I CAN do Sunday!

Let's see if anyone else chimes in.

Yes, let's run up Kebler Pass (easy gravel road, but very scenic) and then take the paved road down to Marble and from there we can drive the Crystal Road to the Mill.

For those willing, we can then drive UP the Devil's Punchbowl (Schofield Pass), and maybe return to BV through Taylor Park and over Cottonwood Pass.

Josh and Jeremy have more and better (higher pixel quality) photos, but here are a few that I snapped.

We met at Rudy's and then took US 24 to Antero Junction, then over to Johnson Village and south to US 50. We drove over Monarch Pass to Gunnison, and then north to Crested Butte. We rolled up Kebler Pass and made a lunch break (it was about 1pm).

When we completed Kebler Pass, we drove on pavement north/northeast and then took the little paved County Road road to Marble. We got to the trailhead for Crystal City Road, then drove up to the Crystal Mill.

From Crystal Mill we continued the short distance to Crystal City, then on toward Schofield Pass and the Devil's Punchbowl.

We climbed up and through with no problems. We stopped at the top for pictures, then continued to Schofield Park past the Maroon Bells hiking trailhead, and turned onto 317/Paradise Divide. Again, we stopped at the top for pictures, and the setting sun would periodically show through the clouds, making colors change from drab to "wow!"

It was dark when we reached pavement at the north end of Crested Butte. Bill and Josh decided to leave immediately, and I went to dinner with Jeremy and his family at "secret stash" pizza. Needless to say, we got home late! LOL

20210919_131335.jpg
20210919_162750.jpg
20210919_170810.jpg
20210919_184811.jpg

Damn I should of checked back kinda stopped after getting no responses. Looks like it was a fantastic day!

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom