Any Ideas...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
....on how/where this SKID PLATE is mounted. I cant tell from pic..but, i want one.

landcruiserfront.jpg

later..
-J.L.M.

What good is your nifty OME steering shock if that thing blocks your view of it? :rolleyes:

Man..i tell ya, my OME stabilizer [glow=red,2,300]was [/glow] nice and yellow at one point..but, now it looks like rusted swiss cheese!..dings, rust, bends..etc. Even though the yellow looks good..i would rather protect it.

Just a guess here but I will go with drop bracket form the radiator lower core support. not the best pic but I would guess apporx 4" drop from the core support or off the rail ends themselves would put you in the ball park. unfortunate side affect is someone might think you are running an ifs rig with that set up.
Dave

what are they protecting? ???

Looks to me like someone wanted some bling.

Hey Dan,

another BLING BLING :slap:

Mike

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!

I dont think the Skid Plate is BLING BLING at all! I think that skid plate is a great idea. It protects the DRAG LINK and the steering stablizer.

What i DO think is BLING BLING is that it is made of aluminum. I would have put a big steel plate there instead of soft shiney aluminium.

Someone (hint slee)..should make those. i'd get one.

later..
joe

My 88 Toyota PU had a factory guard in the same location. I always wondered if Toyota put it there simply for looks.

In 88 it was there for protection. To protect all the IFS stuff underneath it. I just checked out that whole rig on slee's site. It is FS. It appears that someone got crazy with mods and didn't wheel it at all. It is in great shape.

since we are on the skid-plate subject (somewhat) i saw this on a disco. Not endorsing the disco, but that looks like a killer skidplate for sliding down hills and rocks since the 80 does have a large arse end.

o.k. i'm not an idiot as far as i know :flipoff2:. Why can't i post a pic in here? ???

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=7466;start=msg62765#msg62765 date=1068760404]
o.k. i'm not an idiot as far as i know :flipoff2:. Why can't i post a pic in here? ???
[/quote]

Because you suk at the internet. :flipoff2:
Seriously that site may not allow the remote linking.
So Right click save as then upload from your comp.

"Safari snorkel painted to match vehicle color"

My bet is it was easier to paint than take off. :rolleyes:

Where can I get some of those rocker bars??

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=7466;start=msg62777#msg62777 date=1068761136]
"Safari snorkel painted to match vehicle color"

My bet is it was easier to paint than take off. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Nope, he just wanted it smooth and black and not flat black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom