any ideas on this one guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this one , i have the hj60 4.0l diesel non turbo auto and it is a very rare vehcle here in new zealand .i recently purchased it from a guy who has really babyied it for the last 8 years awsome condition,due to the fact that i have never driven a truck like this before i am very surprised at how slow it is for its engine capacity , i used to have a mazda marvie 2.6 petrol and it could out tow this in the higher gears the cruizer is none the less very powerful in the low end . i have read many threads in this forum about how good a towing vehcle these are suposed to be,but when i tow the boat or even just a standard trailer it seams to not really keep speed itwill dropp back to 40 to 50 ks/h on the hills even not so steep ones ,and will puf out the black smoke under load or acceleration,but clean as a whistle on start up and normal travel.this all seems very strange to me or am i just being a lttle spoilt and this is just the way these trucks are

An auto to me in most things makes the truck more sluggish, in a truck that's already a NA diesel is just going to make it WORSE...

It's a Land Cruiser not a Land Ripper.... it will go 50 up hill puffin smoke all day long for years!

hahaha

It might have 6 holes but it isn't any Cummins 5.9 that's for sure!

Hop over to OZ and see the guys at TURBO GLIDE. I did the install about a year ago and couldnt be happier. Now its a whole new animal....
Also try adjusting the throttle body cable....I found that mine was in need of adjustment...was only opening about half way...

Hop over to OZ and see the guys at TURBO GLIDE. I did the install about a year ago and couldnt be happier. Now its a whole new animal....
Also try adjusting the throttle body cable....I found that mine was in need of adjustment...was only opening about half way...

Please, tell me you adjusted the cable before dropping the chunk of cash for the turbo kit.....

It's Ok if you didn't. You still have the turbo!

Rick

I have a HJ60 with automatic gear, man...it was slow.... but a turbo from a HJ80 (yes it's a bit to big)a big IC and 3" exhaust.... I run with a 0.9 bar turbopressure and two turns on the injection pump (more diesel) It's atleast 40"km since and it still runs great:steer:

Throw bigger running gears in there, get a manual tranny, even a 4 speed if you are budget-constrained, and you'll see significant improvement. 4.11s stock in NZ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom