Any idea's how to fix.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this is a shot in the dark. A dealer about 140 miles away has a 94 in stock that is in GREAT shape. Everything is really nice, the miles are in the low 100+ range. A great rig. The only problem is the rig won't shift out of 4lo. What are some causes and are there any simple fixes to get it to be able to drive? Or does it need to be towed you think? I will know more details in a day. They are only asking 2400 due to this.

Hummmmm. Sorry to ask a simple question but here goes... Was the transmission in neutral prior to shifting to N to 4H? or hopefully its just an electronic interlock.

Yep, running and in nuetral. I would buy it right now and not shift it until you get home. I have had some stiff shifting on rust area Cruisers though.

Well, the story with the cruiser was the dealer had it in perfect running order. It was sold and then for whatever reason in that 30 day window where the dealer can get back the vehicle, they reclaimed it from the buyer while it was in repair. That being said, the dealer had the repair shop stop the repair halfway into it. It sounds like a big issue. I will have a copy of those repair papers soon so I can get a idea. Looking for a cruiser to do a diesel swap, I just feel this is to gd of a deal to pass up. Go and do a autotrader search for a 94 landcruiser in the 200 mile range of 80027 and you will see the green cruiser I talk of.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even if you do have to replace the case, you come out ahead....

Thanks guys, I moved out it. out the door I am at 2450. Not bad for the conditions of the truck (minus the tcase haha).

So your saying you bought it, wow what are steal, now we need to see some pics!
:flipoff2:

So, whats wrong with it? Was it just the shifting of the transmission to N? or something else? Great buy! Yup some pics please!

I won't know until I pick it up later this week. It was at a repair shop so I think it might be a issue, nothign a new tcase can't fix worse case. We will see.

my bet is a linkage issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom