Any ideas for rear fender flares vs deleted flares? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rockaway Beach, NY; but was 14yrs in Saskatoon, CA
1976 piggy that is currently stock.

I want to go wider and larger.

I hate the rear door that abuts the wheel arch and is split into 2 pieces.

Similar to my Durango style 2 piece flare.

Any ideas and any pictures of replacement flares vs deleted flares?

I'm considering 12 wide by 35 or 36 tall tires.

Thanks,

T

Here is what mine looks like with 35X12.5X15 no flares
IMG_0001.jpg

Deleting the front flares is fun and easy. Deleting the rear flares is a PIA. I've seen guys box in the rear wheel well, including part of the box on the rear doors. I'm running 37x14.5 Toyo M/Ts with the rear flares intact...I don't see the problem.
100_0789.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Something I can cross off the list!

I think I will shave the flares thmeselves as they are cracked from age. I also think they looK dated.

I was worried about fitment and tubwork but your pics all show me I was worried about a non-issue.

Best,

T

Seeing Pighead's rear quarters gave me inspiration to cut the bottom of the rear quarters that are rusted. Does anyone else have pics of this? Seems like I've seen a pic of a 55 with the rear quarter cut even higher with an angled piece of sheet metal.

the rear quarter cut is pretty common, just remember to cap it off..until this last weekend, pighead would get a healthy mist in the cargo area when driving in the rain;)

i run 37's on a very low SOA, tires will rub just a tiny bit on the corners but its not worth worrying about.

I'm doing this too and trying to find pictures of how to do it all or how much to cut off. I want to extend my wheel arch back 2.5 inches and trim the rear for those extra inches.

tease.:p
BRING THA CANDY!!! Dons s*** ROCKS

The one you are thinking of is Don of FC Fab fame. He has a picture of it on Pirate4x4 under fc187.

He also cut about 12" out of the middle at the same time.

You don't want to see what his latest piggy modification is. Makes cut rockers seem minor:eek::eek:

That's the one. Thanks!
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-land-cruiser/626416-finally-building-my-55-a-4.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/439842-top-secret-fj55-build-injured-friend-4.html (post #67)

pass%20side%20quarter%20capedo%20n%20the%20bottom.jpg
pass%20side%20quarter%20capedo%20n%20the%20bottom.jpg

That looks great! I have more of less desided to build my "Bucket" into another wheeler and the back is really rusted out, that would be a cool easy fix without massive amounts of body work. I like it. A lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom