Any ideas for material beneath floor mats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gonna replace the stock floor mats in the troopy. I have been driving in the snow last couple weeks and would like to find some moisture resistant padding to put under the mats. Anyone have any experience with anything they would recommend?

There was a truck bed padding I was looking into a while back... It was a hydrophobic plastic material that was like an airy felt. Water would run through it and not be absorbed by the material... I'll see if I can find it again tomorrow...

Gonna replace the stock floor mats in the troopy. I have been driving in the snow last couple weeks and would like to find some moisture resistant padding to put under the mats. Anyone have any experience with anything they would recommend?
Due to my rig being less than water-tight, I tried something different for the insulation under the floor mat. I'm using the H-Depot's Reflectix product. Over 3 years and still doing its job.
1608383848711.png

Due to my rig being less than water-tight, I tried something different for the insulation under the floor mat. I'm using the H-Depot's Reflectix product. Over 3 years and still doing its job.
View attachment 2528894
I'm using this too. Over a year now with no issues. Reflects heat, dampens noise and gives my home made floor mats a bit more cushioning. 👍

I like rubber ring mat. It doesn't do much for heat or sound, but it's great at keeping some airflow to dry things out. I bought a few squares at the local ranch supply store and cut them down to a perfect fit.

I like rubber ring mat. It doesn't do much for heat or sound, but it's great at keeping some airflow to dry things out. I bought a few squares at the local ranch supply store and cut them down to a perfect fit.
Care to post a pic of your rubber ring mat?

View attachment 2528894
Order placed but now wife asked me to wait little bit on the new floor mat, hopefully Santa is being good to me this year!

Closed cell foam carpet underlay. Medium gray in colour and easy to cut.

To avoid rust, you need to keep the water from getting under any/all mats, whether they are absorbent or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom