Any idea what this is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1991 FJ80. I did not see this identified in the owner's manual:

view

It looks aftermarket, but I don't know what it is.

1991 FJ80 Box Underneath Dash.jpeg

Bluetooth mic maybe? unscrew it and see what kind of wire is behind it. Trace it if you can.

Hummm, was not expecting something like this. I will disconnect and trace it during the weekend and will report back. Thanks!

Hummm, was not expecting something like this. I will disconnect and trace it during the weekend and will report back. Thanks!

Is there a wire running from that piece going behind it and under the dash or is it just a block plugged into it?

Is there a wire running from that piece going behind it and under the dash or is it just a block plugged into it?

There is a cable connected to that box and runs under the dash in the direction of the fuse box. I don't know to what the cable is connected though.

I also posted in the general section. This is what I've gotten as of now: bluetooth mic, breathalyzer component, insurance company listening device, OBD port, anti-thieve system, and mpg tracker, among others.

I still don't know what it is, neither the last owner (short term).

Some have suggested I cut it and then figure out what it is. Hahahaha. I'll leave it alone for now, but will let you know as soon as I figure it out.

That looks like an aftermarket anti-thief plug to me. Just my 2 cents.

^^^^X2
Looks like the chip is NOT there, probably disabled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom