Any Idea what these could be for???? Warning electrical question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So over the weekend I wanted to do some work to my Cruiser(but that's another thread) and while doing so I found this.
IMG_20150301_135500.jpg
IMG_20150302_211213.jpg

As you can see. I found a set of red and black wires tapped, poorly I might add on to a factory wiring harness. This harness in located on the passenger side front wheel well on the body of the cruiser. It is obviously to power some after market item the previous owner had installed. My question is what are they tapped in too? I'm wandering what the blue w/ yellow stripe and blue with black stripe wires are?

Next I found these connectors, not connected to anything. I'm sure they are for some feature I don't have on my cruiser. Would love to know what they are for, as I might then add the features. These are between the center console and the E-break.
IMG_20150301_144505.jpg

Any and all help you be greatly appreciated, hell even smart ass ones.

Could you think of a reason why anyone would want to tap in to the luck and unlock wires?
Crappy car alarm??

Yes, I'd assume it's for a keyless entry/alarm system. Without knowing what system is in there, I'd wait before calling it crappy though - it doesn't take much to be nicer than the port-installed ones in most 80s.

Thanks for all the help with the 1st question. I can fully agree it must an ex alarm system.
Now lets move on the the 2nd pic and question. There are 3 connectors under my center console non of them are plugged in to anything. I would love to know what my cruiser in missing.

Thanks again

Probably for the subwoofer or refrigerator connections that came in some markets. (Lx had sub there and other mkt had a fridge in console)

Probably for the subwoofer or refrigerator connections that came in some markets. (Lx had sub there and other mkt had a fridge in console)

Yup. Just options that your truck didn't come with. No worrying needed - just leave the plugs as-is.

Sounds good to me. I did see a Refrigerator option looks like it was to replace the center console. Did not know there was a sub for this model.

Cool thanks again, you guys are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom