Any idea what brand this rack is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
It came with my FJ62, and trying to decide if I keep it or sell it, and also figure out if there is a pre-fabbed floor for it.

Thanks!

20200716_195304.jpg

20200716_195258.jpg

home made

You mean, custom, one of a kind, right? :)
Ya, definitely one of a king, which makes it cool.. It must have served a specific purpose other than carrying random gear as it doesn't have a tray/platform. Good luck parking in the garage ;)

The brackets holding the rack are Quick-n-Easy brand, which are no longer made. Go to Ebay and see what people want for them.

I have a rack like that but shorter that I got of a Range rover.

Ya, definitely one of a king, which makes it cool.. It must have served a specific purpose other than carrying random gear as it doesn't have a tray/platform. Good luck parking in the garage ;)

Thankfully my garage is tall, so it fits with the rack even with the OME lift. My office garage is another story, which is why I will likely sell it.
The brackets holding the rack are Quick-n-Easy brand, which are no longer made. Go to Ebay and see what people want for them.

Thanks. Here is what sets of four are selling for on ebay. Wow.😮
Screenshot_20200717-072726_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Vintage QnE mounts are expensive now!

Doesn’t look like it would be that hard to replicate those mounts with some bike hardware

Man a Fre used to sell a "modular" roof rack that had a similar design, but I think the sides of the rack were a little shorter. I checked their website today and they don't seem to carry it anymore. I made a floor out of plywood. Here is a picture of what I had but it's now been upgraded. I later made a full length of a similar design out of aluminum, but later I purchased an african outback aluminum rack.

Back in the day the quick & easy style clamps came in two (or more) heights. Today you might be able to source a shorter clamp to reduce your overall height.

1595008029518.png

Man a Fre used to sell a "modular" roof rack that had a similar design, but I think the sides of the rack were a little shorter. I checked their website today and they don't seem to carry it anymore. I made a floor out of plywood. Here is a picture of what I had but it's now been upgraded. I later made a full length of a similar design out of aluminum, but later I purchased an african outback aluminum rack.

Back in the day the quick & easy style clamps came in two (or more) heights. Today you might be able to source a shorter clamp to reduce your overall height.

View attachment 2374744

I have some SOR clamps somewhere, as well as adjustable height Smittybilts.

Even with a lower brackets, it is still probably to tall for my day to day needs. I listed the rack in the classifieds. Maybe someone can make good use of it!

I thought this looked awfully familiar... Pretty sure this is the exact same rack that came with my 62 from the PO. It came off immediately, might still be somewhere in the junk pile in the back yard though.

IMG_2522.JPG

EB5F049E-C14B-40B6-B91C-E7DB3E993DFA.jpeg
I thought this looked awfully familiar... Pretty sure this is the exact same rack that came with my 62 from the PO. It came off immediately, might still be somewhere in the junk pile in the back yard though.

View attachment 2374814
If the mounts weren’t so darn high, it would look a lot like my Tradesman rack. I’m 6.75” from center of roofline to top of rack.

Sold it yesterday to a guy with a 71 Suburban. Put the mounts on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom