Any Houston dealerships that are good for OEM parts?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do any of you guys here have a go-to Toyota dealership in Houston for parts? "Go-to" meaning they understand old Land Cruisers & parts, have a solid discount, not douchy, etc... I have an FJ62.

I use Onur "beno" usually but he's out right now and I'm needing stuff. Found a solid dealer out of state, but thought I'd give local a shot before I pay shipping.

Several years ago the old Jay Marks 'yota dealer down 45 S. advertised a lot in Toyota Trails and had a guy there that knew his stuff and discounted. No idea where he ended up, dealership is long gone.

Anyway, thanks for any info.

-Chad

Chad,

Use Beno as much as you can. I get parts for a 62/60 from Mike Calvert. I usually go to parts desk, good guys, they will find as long as its still in stock. No TLCA discount though. They are just close to house. Good luck.

Marc

I go to Fred Haas Toyota on 45 north. There's a fella there named Thomas that will give me a discount. It's not a fixed amount and he doesn't know any part numbers, so I go armed with part numbers I need, or he'll look them up. Sometimes it's close to online pricing, sometimes it's not. Just tell him you're part of the local bayou city land cruiser club, it's nothing official.

I have been trying to get Don McGill and Fred Haas to get us some official discounts on parts but it's been pretty tough.

I usually get a 15% discount at Don McGill when I ask for it, but I only go there for stuff I need immediately. All else, I use Camelback Toyota which has the cheapest prices and also free shipping on orders over $150 (excluding large items)

Chad,

Use Beno as much as you can. I get parts for a 62/60 from Mike Calvert. I usually go to parts desk, good guys, they will find as long as its still in stock. No TLCA discount though. They are just close to house. Good luck.

Marc

Marc-
Yea, Mike Calvert is right near me. I'll call them just to see what they can do. I'm in the Braes area, sure would be convenient.

I also used Sierra Toyota in AZ, John Hocker was the parts guru there, very knowledgable Cruiser guy. He was awesome, but retired from the parts gig.

The dealer I found recently is in Massachusetts, recommended by one of the Austin guys. Seems ridiculous to order from MA, but he swears by them. Talked to them yesterday, guy there was super helpful.

I have been trying to get Don McGill and Fred Haas to get us some official discounts on parts but it's been pretty tough.

I usually get a 15% discount at Don McGill when I ask for it, but I only go there for stuff I need immediately. All else, I use Camelback Toyota which has the cheapest prices and also free shipping on orders over $150 (excluding large items)

Forgot about Camelback. Thx

Just to follow up, I ordered from Camelback Toyota in AZ. Their online pricing was right in line with the dealer in MA give or take a couple dollars with free shipping. Didn't bother calling any locals.
Hopefully all the right crap shows up in a timely manner so I can get this thing to stop properly.

Good to hear. Have spent about $900 with them this month and they've always delivered. FedEx usually takes about 4 days to get here.

duggy is there a person you deal with at camelback? Is there any special deal for MUD members?

I usually use their online parts catalog. If I can't find something on there, I'll call them and they'll get me the part numbers I need. To get the discounted pricing, all you have to do is order online.

duggy is there a person you deal with at camelback? Is there any special deal for MUD members?

I usually use their online parts catalog. If I can't find something on there, I'll call them and they'll get me the part numbers I need. To get the discounted pricing, all you have to do is order online.

Cool - thanks.

Thanks guys for the patronage. Im on the forum for the love of Land cruisers and also to help support the community. We started out years ago just supporting the local AZ club, keep a somewhat low profile, and prefer to do business by word of mouth. We certainly appreciate the kind words. There are many good parts suppliers on the board but if you would like to use/try Camelback, here is a link to the online catalog Duggy mentioned CBT PARTS CATALOG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom