Wanted Any HJ61's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Buddy of mine has been toying with selling his for 6 months or more. But cash is always king and most things can be had for the right price eh?

So what do you think of this Green Machine? I personally love it. Those decals are not real decals. They where
painted on this HJ60.

Price seems high, but I'm not an expert on the Diesel 60 market

Those are both HJ60's. Little different than the 61.

The one that went through BaT last week looked pretty solid. Didn't even pull crazy $$.

This one belongs in the 'dreamer of the week' thread....
Spot on Ken. I kept reading waiting to see cable locked axles, suspension seats etc. then I saw the large screen sound system with the custom dash :).

There was a LHD 61 for sale on OK on here a while back. Really seemed like a decent deal but needed some roof repair. There was a project green one in Hemmings classifieds a while back too. Perhaps check with some of the mud members bringing in trucks from Europe too.

I gave up and decided to build my own 60/61 truck.

ok here it goes....there is a unicorn at www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com I bought my hj61 there about 8 months ago. so I can vouch for the company and the transaction. talk to Eli. this one they have now has factory lockers!!!!!! (mine does not). price is a little high...but totally worth it as far as I'm concerned. someone please go get it....or I just might end up trading mine back to Eli for this one!

I tried to purchase the truck from the selling dealer in Japan that Dr Jay referred to in this post. We had agreed on a price contingent on the dealer providing a video of the engine running. He refused to send a video so I didn't purchase. The dealer went out of business and put all his inventory up for auction. It seems like a pretty good truck especially since it has lockers but will need a decent amount of paint work if you want it to look really nice. I've got a ton of pictures including undercarriage from when I was negotiating with the dealer if anyone is interested.
Dan

CIMG1546.jpg

c7.jpg

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1548.jpg

People actually buy cars from that place? Their prices are insane, they make LandCruisers Direct look like a bargain. Most of the trucks are listed at 2 -3 times auction price.
ok here it goes....there is a unicorn at www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com I bought my hj61 there about 8 months ago. so I can vouch for the company and the transaction. talk to Eli. this one they have now has factory lockers!!!!!! (mine does not). price is a little high...but totally worth it as far as I'm concerned. someone please go get it....or I just might end up trading mine back to Eli for this one!

I was looking for the right 60 for about a year when one popped up only and hours drive away.. They are very hard to come by but if you are patient one will come along.. Shes a 1986 HJ61 12HT 5sp Manual factory turbo 212,xxxkms.. Got it for an absolute steal at $18,000 aus.. All original with not a spec of rust.. Only one owner with full service history.. Poor bloke probably could have got double what he sold it to me for.. ohhh what a feeling..

There is one for sale in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - mine actually! You can find it here:

If for some reason that link doesn't work, it is for sale on Kijiji.ca, in Edmonton, Alberta, and just search on HJ61, or Land Cruiser. You should find it. I'm asking $12,000 CDN........which I think is about $75 USD! :) Hmmm - just for fun, I just checked the Canadian/USD exchange, and. apparently I'm asking $8904.03 (XE.com),...so there you go. I'm asking $8904.03 USD.

Last edited:

In Colorado

I know if a nice one with an auto trans in huntsville TX. The owner is thinking about selling it. He’s not on mud too often but glad to text/call him if you want to connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom