Any gurus want to look at an FJ40 in Fountain Hills with me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian az

SILVER Star
Threads
My dad had a FJ40 when I was in high school and I loved that thing. I’m now in the market for one, but I’d like an expert opinion before I pull the trigger.

I see one on Craigslist for sale in Fountain Hills. It is the 69 for $64K your going to look at?

Last edited:
What were your thoughts on it?

If someone is looking for a frame off restoration project this might be a candidate. It runs. The tranny makes noise in 3rd gear. Guessing original F motor with 3 speed. Surface rust on the frame and undercarriage. No rust through.

If someone is looking for a frame off restoration project this might be a candidate. It runs. The tranny makes noise in 3rd gear. Guessing original F motor with 3 speed. Surface rust on the frame and undercarriage. No rust through.

If the body is original and rust free would be a great starting point. Few pictures in the ad can't tell if the tub has been repaired or still original. Three speed noise wouldn't even be a consideration in the purchase. Have one I keep tripping over in a garage. Rust on the other hand could be a deal killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom