any good power steering rebuilders out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just had mine done locally through a machine shop for $225. So $200 sounds like a good deal.

Mine was really messy when it came out, due to leaking for the past 2 years and a lot of dirt roads, so marking the mating points would have required a lot of clean up time. Also, any markings you make would get removed while the thing is being cleaned and rebuilt.

One word of caution when putting it back together, if you cannot get the steering wheel straight, while the wheels are straight, the steering wheel is off nearly 360*. It took me several trials to figure this one out. Make sure that everything is straight, and that you can turn the wheels to lock in both directions before putting the pinion nut anymore than hand tight.

Try West Texas Offroad. I paid $150 shipped both ways from NM for a rebuild on a Early Bronco box. Turn around was a shade over two weeks. They have a website with a phone number, just call and ask there price for an LC box.

Good Luck

I have allwayes used Lee Mfg. in SoCAl. The build and rebuild all kinds of PS boxes. I have used them for doing my race car and have never had a leak or a faliure.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=+3]LEE MFG. CO.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=+1]11661 Pendleton Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352
Ph.(818)768-0371
Fax.(818)768-2687
[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]​
I am not affiliated with them just a satisfied customer.

Dynosoar

CaliCruiser said:
port for hydroassist while your at it :)

ok, i'll bite.... what the hell is hydroassist? i must be way off base in thinking that power steering is already hydraulic... ;p

just running 33s, probably dont need more help than power steering as i am used to manual in my '40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom