Any good paint shop in the philly area. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone knows a good paint/body shop who does a good job at a fair price. I am looking at getting the FJ80 painted to factory original with gloss etc, just like it rolled out the factory. What do you guys think is a fair price.

Thanks
MK

I don't know in the States but I'm having that done and it is costing about $2000.

I'd suggest you contact a custom car garage or automobile restoration shop. I made the mistake of trustin Toyota dealerships twice and have been extremely disappointed to the point of being on the verge of tears from what they did.

In any case carefully check their references. Once it's done it's hard to go back. Bad body work is much much worse in my opinion than bad mechanical work.

Cheers

well over @ grand round here'... you get what you pay for ... not that 2k is bad..that's awesome, but 2 k in the states by a philly shop... low-end... I know a guy 45-60 min south of philly that is great... a shop in the family home, always people waiting to get in...let me know...you'd have to ask him on price, he did my Bro's truck (show truck)...awesome... the guy is car geek...as in old porsche, harley, etc...

Hi Texus, I would love to talk to the guy and will probably go forward if he doesnt charge rocket high prices. I called wileysautobody.com y'day and they said it would start at 2K and it all depends on the condition of the truck.

I am from tampa, FL originally and I knew a guy who charges way less than here and does an EXCELLENT job. I mean, my first car (3 yrs back) had a 1 sq ft bump and couple of holes etc. He gave me a $200 quote to fix and paint it and I thought it would be a s***ty job. It turned out to be amazingly proper. The guy used bondo and painted it in same color (white) and I was totally stunned. I even took a couple of friends cars over there whenever they got into accidents and such and the results were outstanding always. I guess if they charge toooo much here, I would rather drive the truck on a looooooooong weekend and get it painted by him.

but anyway for now, I would love to go over to that guy's shop and see the work done.

edit: I just calculated my entrire trip expense to FL and it comes to around $700 :whoops: so I guess, I will get it painted somewhere nearby. :cheers: :beer: :beer:

thank you

Last edited:
I'm having the 60 done at metrolandcruisers.com in NJ.

I'll let you know how it goes.

If you wanted to drive that far...

sure, i'm willing to drive that far. if he's doing a good job why not :)

can you tell me how much does it cost

Think it would vary on how much prep is involved. I've got rust issues all around the glass where the seals have leaked over the years. I haven't seen too many Cruisers with this kinda problem. Very odd.

Other than that the rest of the truck is rust-free.

minghi said:
sure, i'm willing to drive that far. if he's doing a good job why not :)

can you tell me how much does it cost

soory to hear about your cruiser. I believe mine would have rust too as it was an outside car all the time. the paint on the hood has faded real bad but it looks decent. I shall post pictures of it when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom