Any good junkyards in the phx area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
I'm headed to the PHX area the second week of Jan. for a wedding and some site seeing. Any good yards around with 40 parts? I'm really just looking for maybe some lower rear doors for a e-74 40 with no rust. They are all rusty in OH.
Anyone know if you can rent a heep at the airport for a little wheeling action?

phishtaco said:
I'm headed to the PHX area the second week of Jan. for a wedding and some site seeing. Any good yards around with 40 parts? I'm really just looking for maybe some lower rear doors for a e-74 40 with no rust. They are all rusty in OH.
Anyone know if you can rent a heep at the airport for a little wheeling action?

Not much in the way of 40 parts in Phx boneyards. But there's a guy a little south of here that might have what you want. Check this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=23566

Can't help on the rental

How long you in town? Why in the world would you want to rent a heep?

Let us throw together a run while you're here. I need to get out again anyway. A little rock action on the Ajax's (Upper and Lower) would be fun.

Believe me, I would love to go out on a little run with you guys. I actually wish I could ship the 40 out there. I will be there from 1/8-1/16. We have wedding bs 1/14-16. I could possibly sneak away and go out on Sunday the 9th for a little fun. Let me check with the boss. Thanks.

ps. How long would it take to run the Ajax's?

ps. How long would it take to run the Ajax's?

Depends on who goes.
If Phil leads, a matter of minutes. Unless he breaks a birf on a flat section.
If Tools leads, a matter of minutes. Period.
If I lead, hours. I tend to make obstacles on a trail that has none. :D
I haven't run Ajax in a couple of years, but we made it an all day trip with camping.
If you have a hard deadline, we can limit it to Upper and be done in a short afternoon.
But there are plenny of trails in the Globe/Florence/AJ area. They range from boringly easy graded dirt cattle roads to moderately challenging all day romps. Some are even on a military live fire range. :D

hj60 said:
Depends on who goes.
If Phil leads, a matter of minutes. Unless he breaks a birf on a flat section.
If Tools leads, a matter of minutes. Period.
If I lead, hours. I tend to make obstacles on a trail that has none. :D
I haven't run Ajax in a couple of years, but we made it an all day trip with camping.
If you have a hard deadline, we can limit it to Upper and be done in a short afternoon.
But there are plenny of trails in the Globe/Florence/AJ area. They range from boringly easy graded dirt cattle roads to moderately challenging all day romps. Some are even on a military live fire range. :D

Phill's afraid to scratch his truck. So he takes the easy fire roads anyway.

Tools is a nut... period.

John will keep us on trail for days on end case he drives a road grader. John can make a graded road into "a moderatley challenging all day romp".

With 3 or 4 rigs we can do both Ajax's in about 3 or 4 hours. This can be stretched out to 6 or more hours easily with a large number of trucks or if "EVERYONE" takes all the hard lines. We could easily shorten the trip on that morning once everyone showed up.

Like John said... the area is full of hundreds or even thousands of miles worth of trails. Graded roads to impassable without a winch. It's all out there and very close to town.

Let us know if you want us to throw together a run for ya. Hell I'm down even if it's just me and you in my 40.

Depends on what part of the valley you are staying in as to what trails you can hit in a short period of time.
Being in the west valley, its a LONG 60 mile drive to wheel east valley trails
I've been here 10 years, and still haven't been to the coke ovens!

As far as junk yards go, I saw the greatest concentraion in the 35th ave and Broadway area. Its like Junk Yard City, AZ. or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom