Any Genius Stereo Speaker Installs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any genius install locations for stereo speakers in a fj40. I am not talking super boom boom stuff - just something to listen to some tunes with while I meander through the shrubs. Also - anyone tried marine speakers for their waterproofness?

I used Boston Acoustics patio speakers mounted to the rollbar right behind the rear jump seats. With the hard/soft top on they sound great and fill up the car with tunes, but with no top it can be hard to hear. They are very durable, having lasted about a year of all weather abuse. I do not know if I would use them if I had to buy them, $350 is a bit much, I got them for free from a friend.

Edit: Mine are in nearly the exact same place as Pimp's, just about 6" lower, and bolted directly to the rollbar, I would rather use those cb mounts if I knew about them.

Speakers: Alpine STM-6666 marine speakers. On-line cost is about 55 bucks each - little pricey but I've had mine exposed in my truck for about 5 years with no problems at all.

Mounting: I built a box that would sit in the depressed area behind the seats. Marine speakers, put the amp inside, and had it sprayed with Rhino. All weather set-up so you don't have to stress when the truck is in the rain and you don't have a top.

Mark

Theres all sorts of clever ideas for stereos. You can mount 2 6.5 sub/midbass drivers in a tuffy box or equivalent, facing rearward. Build small boxes hung under your dash, or mount in kickpanels on floor area. For my rear, I'm building two wedge shaped boxes to fit as invisibly as possible to the rear corners behind the rollbar. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom