Any fj 60's with chevy axles and drive train out there (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK is there any or many people out there running chevy axles out there? If so are the full width ? if not how wide did ya go?

Also gear raito,tire size, engine tranny combo are you running?what is your rpm say at 65 mph

I am thinking tbi 350 4l80e, 205 with d44 frnt d60 rear
both 8 lug 4:10 just because thats the raito in the axles i have.say 33's

There is info on this topic in the hard core section... :cheers:

I'm running full width GM axles behind my 700R4 in my 40. I like it a lot. Rides very smooth and handles well. Not the road to travel if you're hitting narrow trails, but if you're a beach sand and mud guy, I say hit it and do it right the first time. It passes all FL Laws too, doesn't look bad IMO.....

http://www.ih8mud.com/cgi-bin/readers.cgi?action=view&type=standard&user=tjdiv

Check it out if ya want.

IV

Ok i NEW, never looked any farther down the main page than FJ60 oops. I hate being new

Post modification...

There is no way that anyone in thier right mind would swap a 44 under a project that you are making full-width, unless this thing is only going to be taking you to a shopping mall, or to get groceries...

Not putting a 60 up front, would be a waste of time, as you will break it, often, and throwing good money at bad parts is easy enough to do in this sport, so getting the "high quality" :rolleyes:axle upgrades for the 44, again, would be a total waste.

But hey,

Good luck!

-Steve

There is no way that anyone in thier right mind would swap a 44 under a project that you are making full-width, unless this thing is only going to be taking you to a shopping mall, or to get groceries...

Well everyone is entitled to there opinion, But if you will read my post you will see where I List tire size as 33. Do you honestly believe that a d44 will not hold up to v8 power 410 gears and 33's or even 35's (open) We are not talking a rock buggy with 110:1 low tire pressure and what not.We are talking a daily driven v8 powered family wheeler/ tow rig.

I was not thinking of full width just wanted to see how many rigs were out there that were.
Fulll width d44 should be 69 in
fj60 should be 59.8

the route I was thinking was finding a waggie housing, should be 62 wms to wms and swaping the 8 lug stuff on it gaining 2 and a half inches over stock cruiser. Then having the rear narrowed.

[quote author=Pizzacutter link=board=1;threadid=8626;start=msg73713#msg73713 date=1071034223]

Well everyone is entitled to there opinion, But if you will read my post you will see where I List tire size as 33. Do you honestly believe that a d44 will not hold up to v8 power 410 gears and 33's or even 35's (open) We are not talking a rock buggy with 110:1 low tire pressure and what not.We are talking a daily driven v8 powered family wheeler/ tow rig.

I was not thinking of full width just wanted to see how many rigs were out there that were.
Fulll width d44 should be 69 in
fj60 should be 59.8

the route I was thinking was finding a waggie housing, should be 62 wms to wms and swaping the 8 lug stuff on it gaining 2 and a half inches over stock cruiser. Then having the rear narrowed.

[/quote]

thats alot of work for and axle thats no stronger than what you got ..... out boarding the spring isnt easy unless you have a "small" shop ..... why not just up grade your cruiser axles and mount the 4l80e to the slit case you would save alot of cash and have just as strong cruiser.... you could get a ff cruiser rear also if you worried about the rear with a v8. if your going to do all the work to wide trac it find a dodge 1ton and get the front and rear d60's there not as wide as GM's either about 1 1/2 per side i was told ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom