Any experiences with 4wheelparts tire hazard warranty pos or neg? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have any of you had experiences (either positive or negative) with the tire warranty protection plan from 4wheelparts? It looks like there were some issues back in 04 with them honoring their vague agreement? I couldn't find too many negative comments lately. I originally agreed to buy the plan, and then I called back to cancel it, after reading some of the negative comments and issues in the past. When I called back to cancel it, the salesmen took it as an attack on his personal pocketbook. He told me I should not believe everything I read on a forum (which is true). I don't know if it's a good idea to trust a verbal promise from a salesmen making commission either. :confused:

I bought it a few years back when I got 33" tires.... about 5 months later after the purchase I blew rear tire on the rear (hit a big chunk of metal). When I came back from my trip I went to have it replaced...
I did have to pay a nominal fee but wasn't much (cant recall how much).
They put a new tire on my rim and I was on my way......
Just switched to 315's and again I bought the replacement insurance given my last experience.....

Weird that he/she took your decision as a personal attack.. kind of gives you an idea of his character as a sales person..
My $0.02.

I purchased my rims from them (not tires), and got the same issue with possible character flaws. Ordered my rims in dec. was told 2 weeks till they were going to arrive, finally got them first of Feb. Not tires but same kind of treatment, on the other hand my budy with his rubicon swears by them says there like sliced bread! I dont trust them as far as I can throw them with verbal agreements.

Jeremy

Most product warranty plans are a joke. Sure...if you're that one person in ten that pops a tire inside of the warranty, they replace it. However, for the other nine people, you just paid ~50% the cost of another tire because there's a small chance that you might need it some day.

I called to get a price on a new set of 285's. It was $855.08 for four tires...mounted and balanced. It was $965.62 for the same...with a warranty. LOL. That's money in the bank for them.

Edit: Let's put it this way...I've had to replace ONE tire due to damage (a bolt) in my 13 years of driving. If I bought tire replacement plans over the years, I'd have literally flushed hundreds of dollars down the toilet.

My experience has been positive.

I've replaced six tires under warranty over several years. I replaced three 37" IROKs in the last year alone. I wheel my trucks on tough trails and it takes its toll on tires. All of my failures have been sidewall damage. 4wheelparts has honored the warranty without hassle each time.

Thanks for sharing info guys. I haven't torn a sidewall yet either, but have had some very close calls. The longer I own the Lexus, the less pavement it sees, and there are many sharp rocks around here. They quoted me $150 for 5 36" IROKs, which is about half of what a new one costs. I'm expecting the tire prices to go up pretty soon too. Most extended warranties are ripoffs for most people. I, however, am a statistical out lier and might need to use it (if they stand behind it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom