Any experience with rust undercoating 100s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got an offer from a family member to do some undercoating for free and I was curious if anyone has had any experience with rust undercoating their truck. I've got a '99 LC that cut its teeth in Buffalo NY and has its fair share of rust, but my guys down at State Automotive in SLC assure me that it is in the middle range of rust they usually deal with. Anyone try it? Worth giving a go and maybe buying myself a couple more years?

I’ve had Fluid Film done a couple of times and I had Wool Wax done this time. I’m sure it works great but I’m not happy with the results. Only because it doesn’t harden like fluid film, it stays soft and wet to the touch. Everything I do for the next 6 months will be a complete mess. Fluid film became dry to the touch in a couple of days.

x2 on Fluid Film. When I lived in VA, we coated all our Yotas with it before every winter.

Different ones to review.

1609354664575.png

Fluid film here as well. It seems to work well enough for Salt Lake.

I've been using Fluid Film every winter before they start throwing salt on the roads. I like how you can cake it on however thick you want it and it sticks. Undercarriage is still looking fresh after almost 4 years of ownership.

Also fluid film fan. I used it on an 03 I had that was super rusty. Seemed to atleast stall the rust. Definitely has a distinct smell also that I grew to like a lot haha. Just bought a rust free 100 that’s being shipped up to CT most likely will do a major application. A friend that does snow plowing buys it by the 5 gal bucket and we use the compressor to spray it with a gun, it works extremely well to do a full vehicle rather then trying to do it by the can. I would recommend applying it that way. He films his stuff every year and all the plows since new and they are pretty much rust free.

I use NH Oil every fall. My undercarriage is an oily mess, but it has no rust.

x10 on Fluid Film. I coat everything on the underside twice a year because of Maryland road salt and the amount of time my 05 LC spends on East Coast beaches

+1 for fluid film. AMSOIL HDMP is very nice too and doesn’t wash off with a pressure washer. I think it’s a better solution if you’re doing a ton of mudding.

I don't have any experience yet but have done some research - one you don't see mentioned on this board often is CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor.

This guy does some really good testing of products and concepts and it performed very well in his test:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom