Any experience with Fuel or KMC wheels off-road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my 2011 LX570 (pics coming, promise!). I am having a devil of a time locating 17 in, +35 offset wheels that are a) not sold out or out of production. FWIW, I live in Canada, so most importing options from the US are not very cost effective (shipping is typically 300 USD plus, then there’s customs/duty....).

I really thought I found my match with alphaequipt, but they are just not cost effective to ship from the US unless on deep discount (and those that were, are now in too short supply). Icons seem like a good match, but as I said, I’m trying to stick to 35 offset, not 25 offset (I want 35 offset in case I decide to go full 35s at a later date). At the moment, the only thing I can find are Method wheels at 500 CAD a pop, or 2500 for a set of 5 (yikes).

Then I came across some other options such as KMC KM529Holeshot or Fuel D564 Beast. I’m not looking for pretty, I just want effective. I’ve heard both of these brands may have issues with respect to the bore spacing (LC200s need 110 mm all the way though, correct?), where they taper off toward the end caps or such. Also, any first hand knowledge on how they perform off-road would be appreciated. The specific rims in question appear to be just fine as far as max load (2500 lbs each).

Thanks in advance for any 0.02 y’all can provide.

Last edited:
I’ve had Fuels, Icons and Methods. My last 200 had Methods with 35/12.5r18 KO2. Just a bit of easy plastic trimming and BMC , no spacers needed. Would I do it again, unfortunately not but it sure looked good. You run 35”s, better get it re-geared. I never had issues with any of the wheels above.

Finally got my 2011 LX570 (pics coming, promise!). I am having a devil of a time locating 17 in, +35 offset wheels that are a) not sold out or out of production. FWIW, I live in Canada, so most importing options from the US are not very cost effective (shipping is typically 300 USD plus, then there’s customs/duty....).

I really thought I found my match with alphaequipt, but they are just not cost effective to ship from the US unless on deep discount (and those that were, are now in too short supply). Icons seem like a good match, but as I said, I’m trying to stick to 35 offset, not 25 offset (I want 35 offset in case I decide to go full 35s at a later date). At the moment, the only thing I can find are Method wheels at 500 CAD a pop, or 2500 for a set of 5 (yikes).

Then I came across some other options such as KMC KM529Holeshot or Fuel D564 Beast. I’m not looking for pretty, I just want effective. I’ve heard both of these brands may have issues with respect to the bore spacing (LC200s need 110 mm all the way though, correct?), where they taper off toward the end caps or such. Also, any first hand knowledge on how they perform off-road would be appreciated. The specific rims in question appear to be just fine as far as max load (2500 lbs each).

Thanks in advance for any 0.02 y’all can provide.
I’m not sure why a center bore tapering off toward the cap would be a problem. Both the front and rear centering rings on the hub are only 1/4-3/8” long, from memory. The front does have the thin metal grease/nut cover but that is smaller OD than the ring by a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom