Any electronic genius out there? I'd like some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

g-man

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently wired up a universal wireless remote to my fj60 with fj62 door locks. The central locking system is working the locks. The problem I have is using the turn signals when driving. I wired up the two brown wires to my outbound (green/yellow and green/black) turn signal wires. I did this at the firewall under the dash which I feel is between the switch and the lights.
keyless remote to turn signals.jpg
The prob I am having is that one of the brown wires off the wireless remote box is bleeding back through the box to the other brown turn signal wire. Nothing seems wrong with the truck. one signal works good the other bleeds over so It looks as if I have my flashers on. If I flip the brown wires around the same thing happens in reverse. Only one brown wire back feeds. All the current outbound from the wireless box feeds the turn signals correctly while locking and unlocking the doors. Here is a pic of the wiring for the universal remote. Not exactly mine but basically the same. two parts to this box. I have my central lock system wired for positive and negative trigger. I have all my power wires coming from the box to a terminal end and attached to the fuse box. All the grounds from the box together on a ring terminal and under the dash to ground. I have tried running my ground wire back to the battery but no change. Worse case senario I just leave the turn signal brown wires disconnected.
2dqq455.jpg

I put a keyless entry system in my pickup, and the light flash works on the marker lights, not the turn signals.

One of the best upgrades I made, very handy and works well.

I've had this happen before on a trailer. The parking light left was bleeding to the brake light right.somehow they crossed and it was back feeding through the bulb filaments. I found a chaffed wire that was the cause.

I think it is the unit I installed. the current bleeds back from one of the wires through the unit. I'm thinking about using a relay to make it a one way. I'll hook one brown wire to open the relay, the other brown wire to feed the pulse thru, and the other side of the relay wires running to the turn signal circuits.

I was gonna suggest a coupla diodes...

t

X2 on connecting just one of those wires to the running/marker lights. That's how most alarms are wired these days.

the brown wire to the turn signal sends at 5 amp. I ordered a 6a diode mini fuse and holder off ebay. What really sucks is the lack of tech support or even getting a human to help me with the Universal keyless entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom