Any easy DRL delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

I am interested in installing LED for the high beams but for my truck (LC 2003) has the high beam and day running lights use the same bulb (switches from 12V to 6V for DRL). I bought some LED from ebay but I do not trust them working for too long time as DRL and they do not look good as LEDs for DRL.

Anyone figured a good way to disable the DRL permanently?

PS: I am looking for lx470 16'' wheels (near Arizona).

Thank you

We worked out a easy solution to run the Morimoto 2Stroke LED as a DRL and high beam on 03-2007 LC and LX if your truck has the OEM DRL resistor by changing the resistor and designed a wiring harness. We are still looking for 98-2004 LC without the resistor to test.
If you don't care about DRL as others stated switch it off with techstream but I've never tested LED's as high beams with DRL's turned off

Techstream
Do I have to buy the Techstream device? Or is it just the cable and the disk and I can use my own computer?

I am really new to this and was not able to find a good source for into regarding the tech stream

but I've never tested LED's as high beams with DRL's turned off . @Luke111
The harness works fine in that config also. call me.

@iKuwait you can cut that specific ground at the relay. Search for the LED daytime running light thread for pics and the diagram. Techstream is worth the time to set up, cutting the wire is the fast and free method. You're probably correct that the cheap 10$ 9005 LED might not have a long life.

Do I have to buy the Techstream device? Or is it just the cable and the disk and I can use my own computer?

I am really new to this and was not able to find a good source for into regarding the tech stream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom