Any differences between a 94 1fze and a 97 1fze. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 97 80 with no motor or transmission. I also have a 94 80 that I’m looking into LS swapping. My question is can I take my low mileage 94 1fze and swap it into my 97 80 without having to change anything out. I know the both have different transmissions and the 97 has the OBD2 computer in it and the 94 doesn’t.

My 94
065A11CD-CDB4-4E23-8BD1-B6CEEAB315ED.jpeg

ACE51E3F-AA49-4FE1-BED4-476D17654EA3.jpeg

My 97

I don't know exactly which, but there is at least one different sensor on the OBDII trucks that the early trucks don't have, and I believe it can't be swapped over because the block doesn't have a place for it. My understanding is the later engine is backwards-compatible but the early engine cannot be used in 95+ trucks.

Yes you can as long as you leave it ob1. But don't forget big brother won't like it.
Well, yes, if you also swap over the wiring harness, all the control units, and probably the dash.

Seems like it would be a lot easier to put the LS into the 97 and swap over whatever's on the 94 that makes it your favorite for a motor swap.

Well, yes, if you also swap over the wiring harness, all the control units, and probably the dash.

Seems like it would be a lot easier to put the LS into the 97 and swap over whatever's on the 94 that makes it your favorite for a motor swap.
Well, yes, he could do that! But that's not what he is asking. You could use the 1FZ in the 97, you will need a upper pan and toner ring from a 95-97 1fz.
Also assuming you have wires and all sensors that go along with the OBD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom