Any difference between the 93-95 exhaust manifolds vs the 95+? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In other words can I use a walker down pipe and front cat from an obdii 95+ car on my older 93 car and worry about the downstream exhaust on my own? Will this part line up with my manifolds?

72DF2F4B-CDEA-43CB-8890-AF48466D2C1C.jpeg

The manifolds themselves are the same; however, everything after that is different. The '93/'94 use side-by-side converters and the '95-'97 use two in line. I use the Magnaflow y-pipe for the '95-'97 on my '94, however, I had to make a small custom bend for it to mate up to the '94 muffler.

In other words can I use a walker down pipe and front cat from an obdii 95+ car on my older 93 car and worry about the downstream exhaust on my own? Will this part line up with my manifolds?

View attachment 3120368
Yes, you can install a 95+ exhaust on those manifolds.

You need to get another inline cat, then a muffler, and you can connect to your OEM tailpipe.

You will need to install cover plates over the O2 ports on the 95+ exhaust, and move your existing O2 sensors to the ports in the manifolds. or do the bypass thing entirely for the O2 sensors, EGR, PAIR, etc.

You will have to create / add / modify exhaust hanger brackets and cushions for the newer exhaust. The 95+ goes UNDER the frame rail and the older goes above the frame rail, between the body and frame.

Or you can just keep your exhaust and put a custom pipe between the new pipe and the old.

I also removed the PAIR system, so I put the O2 sensors in the PAIR openings.

I can add a photo of the pipe tomorrow if that helps.

Last edited:
Or you can just keep your exhaust and put a custom pipe between the new pipe and the old.

I also removed the PAIR system, so I put the O2 sensors in the PAIR openings.

I can add a photo of the pipe tomorrow if that helps.
Pretty much what I was planning to do just match up the front cat with the rest pipe

The last thing to figure out is why my o2 sensor connectors are two wire and all the ones I see here are 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom