Any Diesel Rigs in the CT Area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have a fj60 and am intrested in checking out some diesel 60's. Anyone have a diesel 60 (BJ60, HJ60, hJ61 or diesel converted 60) that i can check out in the north east , as i live in CT. I have read that the diesel aren't for some people, noise, smell, vibration, acceleration ect so I want to check em out and see if a diesel would be a good fit for me. Thanks!

You'll be fine. Toyota's diesels are very well mannered compared to some others like a 4/6bt.

I am in West Suffield Ct near BDL Airport with a BJ42 -3b diesel .you can check it out , come on over

Hey Joe ... i think i may have see your truck before and checked it out... My husband used to live in suffield and we went to some car show thing and had our cruisers there ... my husband has a 1974 FJ40 tan and his friend has a monster of a blue fj40. I had my silver 60 there. If it was you, you were saying how your son had one and thats why you decided on one. Was that you??

Although I live in NYC, my 62 is in CT slowly getting a 1 HZ. I'll let you know when it is drivable.

SilverSixty,

Just starting actually, I have the motor and have been collecting a lot of parts for the conversion. Also spent a lot of time researching (mostly on IH8mud) so that once I pull the 3FE, the truck will be down for the least amount of time. Still working on a few details like how to make the tach work, figuring how to tackle the wiring, etc. The one small bit I have done is to put in a clutch pedal for my soon to manual (H55) FJ62. A very satisfying first step!

Cheers,

Sean

Silver Sixty,

Yes, going to start a build thread soon, as soon as I have some real progress. Feel like I should add to how helpful KevinRowland and VTcruisers build threads have been to me. Soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom