Any cottonland members live near Hot springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all. A buddy of mine flipped his 4Runner out at super lift today on the west side of the park, across the road.

He basically caught a high side edge and rolled 1.5 times and pretty much smashed his cab up. @DirtRoads got him wheel side down, but his samurai wasn’t heavy enough to pull the 4Runner up the hill and back onto the trail. They think the motor might have gotten hydro locked from being upside down too long.

I had a little damage and left a little early and couldn’t be there to help pull him out. Lee majors could have definitely pulled him up the hill, so it’s not like we need a dually tow truck or anything out there.

Basically, I’m trying to see if anyone has a rig that could possibly winch him up to the hill and pull him to the road. Then we could come with an empty trailer load it up, and bring it back to Memphis.

figured I’d ask the TLCA fellas to see if there is any way anyone can assist. Please contact me or @DirtRoads

he just got his truck up and running too. Sad story all around.

0A0D4583-0E42-441F-A152-3B197A429CC5.jpeg

6F2DCFCB-37A6-4609-9917-88F8BE85BAE6.jpeg

Damn. Might hit up Jordan on FB see if there is anyone around that can help. Most of the ORV guys left for Hammers this weekend.

Good advice on trying to reach Jordan. Wish I could help but I’m 3 hours away. Did he try removing the spark plugs and spinning it over? That’s probably all it needs to get it to start. Remember to disconnect the coil wire too!

Damn. Might hit up Jordan on FB see if there is anyone around that can help. Most of the ORV guys left for Hammers this weekend.

what’s Jordan’s last name? I just know him on here. Just shot him a pm on here. We’re back in Memphis. 4Runner is just chilling at the bottom of a hill off trail

Good advice on trying to reach Jordan. Wish I could help but I’m 3 hours away. Did he try removing the spark plugs and spinning it over? That’s probably all it needs to get it to start. Remember to disconnect the coil wire too!

that’s what we were hoping for! You’re just as far as we are away haha. Totally understand.

Just talked to Jordan, what a great dude. He’s working on some contacts and offered to help coordinate some of it on their end.

I think the driver seat may be brown :lol:

hope he escaped injury. Agree on removing coil wire and plugs and trying to crank it.

Does that 4Runner happen to have a gray interior?

SMardis

It's brown. Front and back seats don't match but the interior was there and fairly clean.

I'm talking with the owner of the rig today. He's brand new at this stuff and has few resources of his own. I figured I'd let him chill for a day and then give him options. Jordan even (albeit jokingly) made an offer on it where it sits, I also found some folks who might be able to help this weekend. One has a recently acquired 80 series, maybe that is one of y'all?

Tried to pull the plugs and clean it out but didn't have the correct size socket. Could have run to town, it was getting dark. I didn't really want to try and do this complicated recovery being the only experienced person there, especially in the dark.

We sort of have a plan together. We're heading up there this Saturday with one empty trailer and one trail rig, either my Samurai or @dbbowen 's unit. We are planning to meet Scott King at the park sometime around 10 and get to work. I don't know Scott but he is one of the contacts from Jordan and seems happy to help.

We're going to try and get the 4runner running first and straighten the roof out a bit. If it runs, our workload is cut in half and we can thrash it on the trails a bit before hauling it back home. Either way, if any local folks would like to come pull some cable, we'll be there.

We sort of have a plan together. We're heading up there this Saturday with one empty trailer and one trail rig, either my Samurai or @dbbowen 's unit. We are planning to meet Scott King at the park sometime around 10 and get to work. I don't know Scott but he is one of the contacts from Jordan and seems happy to help.

We're going to try and get the 4runner running first and straighten the roof out a bit. If it runs, our workload is cut in half and we can thrash it on the trails a bit before hauling it back home. Either way, if any local folks would like to come pull some cable, we'll be there.

Scot King is as good a guy as there is and lives just down from the park. He’s been wheeling those hills since before there was a park and cut many of the trails we use today. You’re in great hands.

Scot King is as good a guy as there is and lives just down from the park. He’s been wheeling those hills since before there was a park and cut many of the trails we use today. You’re in great hands.

THIS

I’d be glad to help with the recovery, but I’m up in Canadia until next Tuesday :-/ Thanks for the PM and the link to this thread, @dbbowen

All you really need in life to recover a rig is Scot King and some duct tape. Anything other than that is just a luxury. Scot will know how to make it happen.

@DirtRoads I’m waiting on a commit from the 80-series guy in town, but I’ll text you what he says.
Does that 4Runner happen to have a gray interior?

SMardis
@MEMCruiser you need some gray interior stuffs? I might have what you need. Shoot me a text.

I’d be glad to help with the recovery, but I’m up in Canadia until next Tuesday :-/ Thanks for the PM and the link to this thread, @dbbowen

All you really need in life to recover a rig is Scot King and some duct tape. Anything other than that is just a luxury. Scot will know how to make it happen.

@DirtRoads I’m waiting on a commit from the 80-series guy in town, but I’ll text you what he says.
@MEMCruiser you need some gray interior stuffs? I might have what you need. Shoot me a text.

No worries yo. We're peeling out at 06 on Saturday with a convoy of garbage. Thanks for all of the help

Well per Jordan's post, you have the required Scott King, so at least make sure you have plenty of duct tape in the pile.

Well per Jordan's post, you have the required Scott King, so at least make sure you have plenty of duct tape in the pile.

He is pretty quiet on the phone but he sounds like the man for the job.

He is pretty quiet on the phone but he sounds like the man for the job.

your responses tomorrow should be like....
"yes sir" "no sir""let me get that" "thank you sir"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom