Any brake master cylinder and booster replacement recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone could share some advice on which, moderately priced, BMC and Booster to get for my ‘87. I am not interested in changing out the brakes or lines, my mechanic said everything aside from the master cylinder and booster were in great shape.

See post #9 and #17

(from FAQ page)

Advics is the OEM for Toyota so consider that brand in your searches. City Racer is a good recommendation.

Be careful getting a T100, 4Runner or other master cylinders since their main bore is Ø1.0" not Ø7/8". If you have stock brake setup you want to stick with the Ø7/8.

I found this site very helpful for Toyota related brake components:

On my HJ61 I did the 4runner master cylinder and caliper upgrade. I’m not really that impressed with it. It could probably use a rebleed and some fine-tuning, but was not a dramatic difference.

I recently redid the brakes on my FJ62 using the @cruiseroutfit Japanese loaded calipers, a new booster from @Racer65 and an OEM master cylinder and rotors. That set up is braking beautifully.

On both of those trucks I got new hardlines from @Rainman. All other soft lines, small parts, and hardware I replaced with OEM as much as I could.

See post #9 and #17

(from FAQ page)
These look fantastic but I think I still have the 7/8 that Randy is referencing on his post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom