Any Atlanta Folks Getting Together? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtDauberGarage

SILVER Star
Threads
I seem to remember that there was a group of Land Cruiser folks getting together at Fuddruckers by North point Mall Once a month. I’ve looked on the Georgia Cruisers Facebook page and here as well, but don’t see any gatherings happening. Are there any gatherings still going on in the Atlanta area?

If not anybody interested in getting one started back up? I would love to connect with a few more Atlanta land cruiser folks!,

MM

That Facebook page looks inactive for a couple years.
Yea, I noticed that. We need to get it back up and running!!!

In post #14 in the above thread, Scott Smith made a similar proposal to bring back a local Land Cruiser group.
The Georgia Cruisers appears to be still be an active club (Ted, John & others occasionally still post here and are meeting). It is no longer a TLCA chapter.

I note the above because a new chapter or other group would probably need to be formed. It is my understanding that is why Scott had the pavement page started to help provide a starting place for those interested in meeting/starting an alternate group could meet and build critical mass towards something more.

I didn’t even know this particular section of this site existed until a year or so after joining. I try to make a point of checking over here from time to time to see what’s going on.

In post #14 in the above thread, Scott Smith made a similar proposal to bring back a local Land Cruiser group.
The Georgia Cruisers appears to be still be an active club (Ted, John & others occasionally still post here and are meeting). It is no longer a TLCA chapter.

I note the above because a new chapter or other group would probably need to be formed. It is my understanding that is why Scott had the pavement page started to help provide a starting place for those interested in meeting/starting an alternate group could meet and build critical mass towards something more.
OK, let's start spreading the word and see who is interested. I am sure we can get 8-10 folks in the Atlanta area who are interested.

OK, let's start spreading the word and see who is interested. I am sure we can get 8-10 folks in the Atlanta area who are interested.

Yes spreading the word is needed.
I expect that there are a lot more than 8-10, but the challenge might be the active and energized core of individuals that will lead and drive forward momentum.

The 4Runner guys are actually pretty active, and have meets every month or so at Sweetwater Brewery. Get on their FB pages and go flex...

Over here in Columbus, not many people with FJ40s... in fact, I am sure I am 2 of 3 in this area.

I would love to have a Georgia Group. I love my ONSC up in North Carolina and that group is amazing, but I live in Georgia now. I'm in Athens.

OK guys. I have gotten a lot of good feeback. Let's try and meet up somewhere soon. Would you guys perfer a week night or a Friday or saturday night?

MM

Count me in if and when you start this up. I am in the Chamblee/Tucker/Northlake area

there's a car show at Ace Hardware in Tucker on Sep 24th 11-3... could meet there

FYI - another alternate: "Ales and Overlands" seems to be a monthly event closer to downtown ATL. There is going to be one in October. I made it there (barely) last weekend. cool folks and great beer.
My 78 FJ43 and another guy's Series Landrover were the oldest vehicles there.
The focus is on overlands. One of the event partners imports Brazilian Toyotas from the FJ40 lineage which are on the "ICON" restoration level... apparently they were made into the late 90's in Brazil! @overlandimports

Soon as I get my 62 back from Cruiser Matt in FL, I'll try and meet up for sure. Would love to meet more idiots like me. I have a couple FJ40s that are in need of some attention hopefully this winter, too so if anyone has any parts they'd like to unload, I may be your huckleberry!

there's a car show at Ace Hardware in Tucker on Sep 24th 11-3... could meet there

24th has several Cruiser meetings/events on the regional schedule:
Logan's Run (@ Uwharrie)
STLCA Fall Meeting (@ new OHV, forgot the name)
70 Series Meet-n-Greet (@ Windrock)

Might cut into potential turnout.

Hey guys! I like the idea of meeting at a Taco Mac for some wings or something simmilar. Anyone interested this weekend (10/1)?

Thoughts?
Post up the details and see who comes! I'll try to get there.

Edit: where in "Atlanta" are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom