Any Albuquerque 80 mechanics/owners wanna do a front driveshaft seal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get a leaking front axle driveshaft seal done at someones place.
Kind of traveling right now and don't have any indoor place to do it.

Thoughts?

I need to get a leaking front axle driveshaft seal done at someones place.
Kind of traveling right now and don't have any indoor place to do it.

Thoughts?

I need to wait for the snow to melt at my place but this is a doable project, an hour or so I suspect. Can you wait until it gets a tad warmer? I'm guessing you've already purchased the pinion seal and a new pinion nut?

I need to wait for the snow to melt at my place but this is a doable project, an hour or so I suspect. Can you wait until it gets a tad warmer? I'm guessing you've already purchased the pinion seal and a new pinion nut?
I need to get the seal and a nut. I just floated the idea to see who was able to help out.

Let's see what plays out! I'm staying local for the next month hopefully.

so, do you like Espresso? :rofl:

Is the leak at the differential or the transfer case? Two very different kettles of fish.

Way easier. The transfer case needs to come out to fix the other end.

505 325-9195

He is the only one other than myself that works on my 80. Did a full engine rebuild for me 3 years ago.

4F23D879-6CEC-4EBD-AD38-91ABC5B3C6D2.jpeg

Way easier. The transfer case needs to come out to fix the other end.
Is there a difference in the years?
On my '97 the front bearing housing is pullable without dropping the T-case. You just have to shift the T-case into Low before pulling the housing or the shift fork actuator rod sticks out too far to clear the housing before it contacts the oil pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom