any aftermarket equip for cruiser sway?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there anything out there on market to cure the cruiser sway/ roll? I have my hardtop on and is on 32" tires and 2.5" OME suspension but all in all not tall but has a almost scary sway when cornering so wondering if there is a fix for this. Mine is a 1983 BJ42 and was just totally restored from frame off.

Thanks
Rob

Shouldnt be scary as it is. Something else is not right. What shocks were used for replacement? Was it an OME kit?

Hi All:

Remember, a 40 Series Land Cruiser is an example of 1950s engineering. Don't expect this truck of handling like a modern vehicle!

I've driven a FJ40 with the OME suspension and 33X12.5 inch tires for close to ten years and never felt it was too tippy. But, I have also driven the rig quite conservatively, considering the brakes and steering.

Regards,

Alan

yes I baby mine and drive safely as well, has been non drivable for 2 years for restoration but before then had 31" x 15" x 10.5" wide tires and no suspension lift so now I have the tall and skinnies on 2.5" OME heavy suspension kit. I guess the P/S effects it as well for it turns so easy so quick?

Thanks
Rob

i dont know if this makes a difference but i run rancho rs5,000 on my soa and 8,000s on the wifes with 4"lift and 35s and no problems.i did a 3" lift once and the truck handeled like crap and it turned out to be the tires there were several apologies hope this helps ,good luck

How about anti-sway bars from an FJ60?

2.5"+ tall skinnies shouldn't = scary cornering. Something is wonky somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom