Any after market subs for an lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
I pulled the sub last weekend as my last post showed and i wanna up grade to an after market one becasue i can tell the sub is the only thing holding the sound back well at least its holding it back alot. I found some place that said the factory lx system runs something like 180 watts 50 something of them go to the sub alone so powers not too much of a problem its just so damn small. who makes an after market 4 inch sub?

thanks mike

I put in a 8" by cutting the hole larger. I also put in a 100W amp just for the subwoofer. May not have enough drive level and may not sound too good if you just put in a larger speaker.

Just put two 12" in the back. That will fix it.

Isn't the sub in the Lexus in the console between the front seats and in the Cruiser it is in the rear? Or is that some center channel deal? Kicker used to make some free air 6.5" subs or the solobarics. You won't find much with bass for a 4" Big thing about subs is getting the right enclosure with the right dampening and VAS. I have some Peerless 6.5" subs that hit pretty low and they don't take up much space, they are pretty tight. No distortion and no excess vibration boom.

One more thing factory stereos claim to have all this power. I've never seen a factory stereo do their ratings RMS, they use peak. And when they use the peak they use some pretty high amounts of distortion THD to get the high rating.

i think ill cut the stock enclosure like you said and maybe sound proof it a bit more to make it a better enclosure. as for the amp where did you mount it? how much poer and how exactly does it work? how many wires and where they go? thanks

If ya need a good amp cheap, let me know as I've replaced the Kicker I'd had to another unit.

JL makes a 6" one. Pounds pretty good if you have the power. I put one in the back, but it now has a stock amp. Shiyatty. To get it to pound a little more I sealed it cause it's in the stock location. Oh yeah, I might cut my center console in the back part and put a 8W7 cause those babies pound like no tomorrow(well, for it's size). You just need the right amp and power.

BTW-Junk, if you still have the amp then i'm interested. I had a 75 watt Kicker amp, but some low life ripped it off.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom