Any Advice on where to get Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, any advice on where to find Fj60 cloth interior, restoring and 85 and want it all OEM.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 9.39.13 AM.png

There was a guy on eBay selling replicas from somewhere out of Venezuela I think. I haven't seen them in several months though. I bought a set and they look great. I think I have the customs paperwork and you can contact the guy directly. You'll need to habla espaniol though.

brown is easy; it's only money. grey? not gunna happen...

oh yeah, you're right but I couldn't $ee it...
they are nice like- welp, nevermind;
they're nice as all get out if you can $ee them...
they don't have doorpanels tho...

There was a guy on eBay selling replicas from somewhere out of Venezuela I think. I haven't seen them in several months though. I bought a set and they look great. I think I have the customs paperwork and you can contact the guy directly. You'll need to habla espaniol though.

With the turmoil in Venezuela, I would be concerned with getting anything out of that country. Hell the government just seized GM's factory there.

With the turmoil in Venezuela, I would be concerned with getting anything out of that country. Hell the government just seized GM's factory there.

True... on the other hand, you may be able to trade some bananas and a box of beans & rice for the set of covers ;)

Keep searching and digging here on the forum. There is a fabric company in WA that makes the gold/brown striped fabric only...if you need blue/grey your only option is vintage oem fabric.

Hi, The guy in South America has nice new material. I just don't see buying 25 year old rear seats and using the material, it's about had it. Your time and labor is worth too much and it's almost impossible to sew material that old. Some where we ought to be able to find the original mill and get them to run a special order. Group buy would be required,expensive ..yes. What isn't on antique trucks. Mike

Hi, The guy in South America has nice new material. I just don't see buying 25 year old rear seats and using the material, it's about had it. Your time and labor is worth too much and it's almost impossible to sew material that old. Some where we ought to be able to find the original mill and get them to run a special order. Group buy would be required,expensive ..yes. What isn't on antique trucks. Mike

Mike,

If you can find the mill I'll be more than happy to try and get an order going.

Jason

Mike,

If you can find the mill I'll be more than happy to try and get an order going.

Jason

I contacted a few places and I found a powerloomer in the UK that can reproduce "almost any" patterns. They offer synthetic fibers, fire retardant and stain guard treatments for auto fabrics as well.

They will digitally scan the pattern for accuracy on weave and band widths and then match colors with a spectrophotometer. We exchanged info, discussed rough set up fees and minimum quantity ordering requirements (100 yards). I have a 30 x 30cm (12" sq) sample of each grey and brown headed across the pond tomorrow.

Spent most of today going back and forth with the owner.

Fingers crossed.

J

I contacted a few places and I found a powerloomer in the UK that can reproduce "almost any" patterns. They offer synthetic fibers, fire retardant and stain guard treatments for auto fabrics as well.

They will digitally scan the pattern for accuracy on weave and band widths and then match colors with a spectrophotometer. We exchanged info, discussed rough set up fees and minimum quantity ordering requirements (100 yards). I have a 30 x 30cm (12" sq) sample of each grey and brown headed across the pond tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

J
Another resourceful venture. Thank you for supporting the community.

Jason: You are simply incredible...

...I just don't see buying 25 year old rear seats and using the material, it's about had it. Your time and labor is worth too much and it's almost impossible to sew material that old...Mike

Michael: I'd suggest that you really know what you are talking about before adding your $0.02 - the ONLY solution at the moment if one wants a true OEM look is recycled fabric. But what do I know...only worked in an upholstery shop...and I guess this recycled 25 year material looks like crap...what was I thinking when I scavenged old rear seat material and used it (roll eyes). As long as the material isn't dry rot, recycling old material very viable solution at the moment.

download

I also thought about recycling fabric. I have complete interior for my 85 grey. Sourced at an auto wrecker about 5 years ago. The rear looks like no one sat in it. Still keeping my old interior in place due to my small dogs, but the major damage was done by the previous owner.
So if anyone can source a grey set, iam in.

Chelo - I have a small stash of used old blue/grey striped fabric from my prior FJ60. PM me here as I'll sell you all of it if you want...

Fingers crossed.

J
I would be interested in the grey if it's similar to the FJ62 pattern (are they the same between the 60 and 62?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom