Any 60'ers in Eastern NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.ncmartec.org
Just acquired my 1st 85 FJ60. Was finally able to purchase my dream rig and didn't tell the the wife about it until it showed up on my door step. She scalded me for a while until she drove it. Now she loves it just as much I do. Anyway, just looking for any other gearheads in the area to throw down with, shoot around ideas, lend a helping hand, drink a cold beer...

Well nice to meet you fellas. I'm in Morehead City -aka the Crystal Coast. Not too far from Gvegas there JohnQ. Still a newbie to the form, but working on that. I'm 37, happily married w/ two boys 10 & 7. Bought my rig a couple weeks ago off of CG, site unseen. Planning on a restore over time with my boys. 85 FJ60 160,XXX. Have always loved these rigs. Trying to figure out where to start?!?!

1409314114854.jpg

I'm in RDU, so more central than anything, but we've got a couple cruiserheads out that way! Y'all should check out the ONSC Clubhouse Section here on the forum, and our site. We've got regional events usually bi-monthly and then a couple of big annual events, with one of them coming up in two weeks!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers.54/
http://onsc4x4.com

As for the 60, start with catching it up on maintenance. Change the belts, look into changing the waterpump, radiator, fuel pump, filters, gaskets, oil, tranny fluid, transfer fluid, axle fluids, rebuild the front axle if need be, rebuild the carb if need be, etc. Once she's up to date on her maintenance and dead nuts reliable, then start working on mods :D

Feel free to ask for a hand wrenching! We've got a ton of guys with experience turning wrenches for a beer or two :D

Nice looking rig mate and good on yer for having the balls to buy a car without telling the :princess: I did that once and I'm still paying for it :p

All I can say is that I'm a luck man...:deadhorse: she got over it once I put her behind the wheel. :steer: Now I just have to figure how to hide the money that I'm planning on putting into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom