Anti-lock brake shudder prior to stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcdesignsoffroad.com
I just recently changed the birfs and knuckle wipers on our '95 and since then have noticed a slight shudder in the brake pedal as if the anti-lock brakes are sensing slipping, but it occurs when there's traction.

I only pulled the ABS sensors from the knuckles and reinstalled them to swap the birfs, but didn't disconnect them.

Any suggestions?

Try pulling them again and cleaning them up?

Mine did the same thing after my knuckle rebuild and I ended up diagnosing the pass front sensor as the one malfunctioning. I got a used replacement sensor from Oleg and it hasn't happened since.

Ditto on above replace sensor or clean sensor, same type of thing happened on our old 95 Explorer the sensor was bad

Did you change the drive flanges when you swapped birfs? Wrong flanges will cause the sensors to misread axle slippage. Possibility #2: you might have got some crud in the sensor ports when you pulled them. Until you have the time to diagnose the problem, pull ur ABS fuse.

Thanks, I'll look into all of these. I know they worked before I pulled them from the knuckles and it was different after I reinstalled them. The birfs were direct swaps for the factory pieces. They were rebuilds from CV Unlimited and I verified the length issue before purchasing. I appreciate the insight.

If the symptoms continue after pulling the ABS fuse, then it is possible your pads/rotors have some contamination. Also, I would check to be sure that your hubs are properly tightened and you are not actually feeling play in the hubs / wheel bearings.

:cheers:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom