Anthracite? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.coreaide.com
Hey all - who's headed up to Anthracite this weekend? At the meeting it sounded like there were three interested. It'll be my first time up there, so would like to know if we could coordinate a meet up.

Peace

-Brett

Don't forget in the staging area at 8:30 on the trails by 9! Helps if you register with them online then you hopefully won't have to fill out the liability paperwork at the office. No big deal either way but the park is getting more popular and attendance is increasing. See ya Saturday!!!!

Hey Shmukster, How are you wheeling Saturday? Dad said you were sleeping at my shop til you got his new body swapped on.

Let us know if you need som help outing the new body on. I'll come help. I'm just paying for the help I'll need for mine.

Thanks for the offer Chris, I'll let you know. I'm trying to get it put back before the end of the month so I may give you a call.

Depending on the timing, I'll lend a hand as well. Just let me know when.

Don't forget in the staging area at 8:30 on the trails by 9! Helps if you register with them online then you hopefully won't have to fill out the liability paperwork at the office. No big deal either way but the park is getting more popular and attendance is increasing. See ya Saturday!!!!

Perfect! first time out - looking for it to be the start of a long string of awesome wheeling experiences!

I see a plan coming together. Thanks guys.

Brett,
I think the road trip fizzled. Patrick texted he couldn't go midweek. Stump and I were planning to head up but I havent heard from him since he said the weather might be crap. I'm gonna work Saturday now and hope we can try again for April.

Guys- as I write this it's snowing pretty hard here and forecast for tomorrow is cold and windy. No idea how much snow we'll get the prediction was a coating to six inches. I may or not get to Anthracite tomorrow we'll see how it goes.

Let's put together a cross-club overnighter sometime in April. I'll check tomorrow on the status of the campground.

Was a very good day on the trails. Lotsa jeeps there today, I was very surprised to see that. Good news is we didn't see one of them on the trails today. We had me in the 40 with Crusha riding shotgun, Andy Zook in his Tacoma with Andy Marquardt as a passenger, Vince in the Lexus, Eric Oldenburg in the goat pig, new member Chris in his 91 FJ80, and jeepinpete in his locked 80. A lot of snow on the ground in places a good five inches. of course with temps in the teens all the water was frozen too. We started out on the culvert trail- not particularly difficult (but always a tight fit for 80's) normally but a real challenge in the snow. I believe till we got everyone through not a truck escaped some body scars. Vince and Chris had dents in their passenger quarter panels, Eric busted one of the rear side grilles on the 55, and I banged the passenger side of my hardtop off two trees, Oh well........... From there we went around and did a trail with a long fairly deep water hole, we've been through there before but with two inches of ice. Was interesting getting through there- Eric discovered neither of his front wheels were pulling. Told me after he got through that he was scared- he was only wearing sneakers! Would have been a cold step out of the piggy. From there we went across the road and did a number of the side hill trails. Nothing overly difficult but interesting in the snow. We wound our way all the way to the top of the ridge and discovered two new (to us) black trails, in snow too gnarly for our group. Found a new trail down into the bottom of the Barney Rubble trail, no tire tracks on that trail. Looked at Twister but I think in the snow not all our group would have made it at least not under their own power. Did a few more of the hill climbs and called it a day. Nobody really broke anything except for Eric although Chris did have a rather harsh bang into a tree on the culvert trail. All in all a good day not as cold as I would have thought but it was windy and really got windy as I drove home. That's it for the Keystone March club run! Hopefully a lot of the guys will be posting photos on the keystone club site as it was a good day for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom