Antenna Up/Down Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
Should it be lighting up? If so does it have a replaceable bulb in it? And if so is it hard to replace?

Yes it should light up, the bulbs are replaceable (one for each button) they are tiny. These are a dealer only item, won't find 'em at autozone, just pop out the switch look on the back of it and you will see how to replace them. I think the bulb was $2 or $3 each.

The bulb for 91-94 is 84999-10410, uses two.
the bulb for 95-97 is 84999-10420, the book says one only, I have not confirmed that.
The 84999-10410 lists for $6.43 each
The 84999-10420 lists for $4.97 each

-H-

84999-10320 x2 list is $7.15 each. It shows one of them to have a cover over it to change the color, you swap it over or replace it. The others may work, most of the little plastic base twisty bulbs are similar. The locking lugs vary for certain switches and the wattage varies also. I have a OEM fog light swith and it was backlit more dimly than the other switches. I used an 84999-06010 from a Camry application with more wattage, now it matches :G

Tenn,

The heater control shows to be backlit by 3 84999-70015 bulbs. They go for $5.00 each.

Regards..........Dan

Dan, now the question is how to get to the bulb. I will look at it while sitting in traffic this afternoon.

Just last weekend I had my dash apart AGAIN to replace a couple bulbs in those switches. Take my advice, do them all at once and save some time or else you be back in there soon. The small bulbs in the antenna switch were special order - 2 days wait.

Tenn,
Save it for the driveway, the cluster panel has to come out.
Is the heater control totally in the dark? It seems odd that all 3 would go at once.

Yeah, it is in the dark. Nothing else seems to be out. I thought that it should probably be lit. I noticed it the night I bought it.

Once again, Dan is da' man!  :bow:  Went to the local dealership counter, where the gruff, scruffy lookin' parts guy (They gotta pay these guys more than to live out of a box in the back room...) told me that the bulb didn't exist when I gave him the part number; and proceeded to question me on where I got it (like it's a closely guarded secret?).

Well, he punches it in, and low and behold, the right bulb pops right up.... :slap:

Ordered and on its way.

Thanks Again Dan.... :beer:

-H-

(Has anyone else noticed that many times the people on this list know more about the Cruisers than the people who actually deal in them....Perhaps Woody can put a "Dealer's Questions" section that we can charge $500 or so for each answer, then split the #6 money....)

-H-
"live out of a box in the back room"

what you do is get a couple of fenders out of the bin and lay them face down to make a sort of hammock, I find an antifreeze box makes a decent pillow. In the winter its better upstairs(warmer), In the summer the downstairs north wall is the most comfortable. There is a shower in the GM's office, Burger King is accross the street..................................

Thanks Dan! I will go and order the bulb. Having the part number makes a real advatage over the counter stooge. :D

Tenncrusher the dash is really easy to take apart. I thought it was gonna be hard to take apart but was so easy!

-H-

FYI, C-Dan is "embellishing" again....

They closed up the Burger King weeks ago. :D

-B-

There is no need to pull the dash. A screwdriver properly placed will pop out the switches without causing any damage, and it'll save you tons of time. Another benefit is the lesser chance of losing any attachment screws.

-B-

They just opened it back up............. :G

I'm set
Rogue, you are correct re the switches, Tenn still needs dash work to get at the heater control assy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom