Antenna motor not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

I've bought the car a couple weeks ago, and sorting it's issues. One of them are the Antenna not working. Because I've pulled the dash to fix the unresponsive climate control buttons / backlight I thought it was a good idea to take a look at the broken antenna.

The PO told me it stopped working when he installed the aftermarket stereo. This turned out to be a lie, as - now that I know what to look for - I can hear the antenna relay click. It also clicks if I push the UP button on the dash (doesn't do anything for the down though).

I've pulled the antenna relay apart, but all looks good, no burns or cracks.
I have reinstalled the factory stereo to see if that solves the issue, but ofcourse nothing has changed.

What I can NOT hear is any sort of sound from the antenna motor itself, and the antenna is not moving either up or down. I tried pulling/pushing on it, but it would not move. It's sitting about 6 inches tall.

Is there anything else I could do before pulling the fender cover?

hmm..i cant help but i'll bump this up for you so you get visibility.. usually someone here always has answers....gl.

hmm..i cant help but i'll bump this up for you so you get visibility.. usually someone here always has answers....gl.

Thank you! Appreciate it!:)

what year/make truck do you have? the relay coil and motor may not have much to do with one another, kinda. there are 2 black with red wires behind the head unit. one goes to the amp as a remote turn on, the other is the antenna hot which should be ganged to the remote out wire coming out of the HU. you can see how maybe these got mixed up.

what year/make truck do you have? the relay coil and motor may not have much to do with one another, kinda. there are 2 black with red wires behind the head unit. one goes to the amp as a remote turn on, the other is the antenna hot which should be ganged to the remote out wire coming out of the HU. you can see how maybe these got mixed up.

It's a 2000/8 Land Cruiser HDJ100.

I think that the wiring is good, as the relay does click when turning on the radio (just as if I hotwire the antenna control wire to 12V).
And the same behaviour is experienced with the factory radio as well.

I think it's either the motor is seized or a fuse is blown somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom