antenna motor assembly compatability with toyota sedans...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jjdeneen918

SILVER Star
Threads
Years ago when I got my LX450 the antenna did not function with the electronic switch. The easy fix at the time was to rip out the guts & make it manual.

Well that was great until I forgot to push it down manually while off roading and now it broke off when it hit a branch.

I have taken Lexus parts off of similar year sedans and they are interchangeable with my LX450. Most recent was a steering wheel and airbag assembly.

Dose anyone know if a similar year Toyota or Lexus sedan antenna motor assembly have the same part number or is interchangeable...?

seriously, no replys..?

Cdan, I imagine you can cross reference a part ###.

I can't imagine nobody has tried this.

Friday I may have to make a pick'n'part run to find out. I was hoping to not waste $20 to find out it's totally different.

I have no idea, but... IF you are forced to waste your money on this, please post your results so that I might not have to follow suit at a later time. :grinpimp:

Funny. My antennas on both of my Cruisers are broken and do not extend, but I still get reception, so I have not fixed either one of them. Do you guys see a reception difference between fully retracted and fully extended?

I see a notable difference. In town, FM is about the same up or down. Get out of town and it makes a big difference. It makes a big difference everywhere on AM.

Good to know. Thanks 41. (Sorry for the temp. hijack ;) )

I just received a new mast for our '96, and a new mast is on the way for our '93 Camry. The pictures look the same, I will update when it shows up.

The masts are different. different diameter at the base. Not sure about the internals.

Would be nice if there is a good alternative, right now the mast on my LX is half up and will not move in ether direction.

ok, so I got my broken motor assembly removed and I took a few pics for reference.

The antenna wire, running from the back of my stereo, is permanently attached to the mast body that holding the telescoping antenna. So the broken mast assembly is still in and connected to my car.

I separated the mast and motor by removing one screw at the top of the motor assembly that holds a thin metal tab that seats the mast assembly into the motor assembly.

I assume I will need to pull my stereo to replace my mast assembly? The new mast assembly will have to be plugged into the back of my stereo.

I'm off to pick'n'parts to see what I find!

The motor is labeled:

TOYOTA
86300-60080
063000-4422
12V 6 R
DENSO
MADE IN JAPAN
top mast.JPG
bottom mast.JPG
motor front.JPG

jjdeneene918: could you post up some details about the Lexus sedan steering wheel that fit on your LX450? Year, model, cruise control just plug and play? Got photos?

jjdeneene918: could you post up some details about the Lexus sedan steering wheel that fit on your LX450? Year, model, cruise control just plug and play? Got photos?

The steering wheel in my lexus was worn pretty bad and the airbag was deployed when I got it.

I don't recall th exact model or year but it was a mid 90's lexus sedan I get the parts from. I just pulled mine (rented a steering wheel puller from Autozone) and just popped the sedan wheel and airbag in it's place. From what I can tell all the steering wheels were the same for those years, just easier for Mr. Toyota to mass produce the same item I guess.

Last edited:
Pink'n'Part was a bust!

Every car either had a broken mast or was already pulled out.

The sedans all have the antenna in the drivers 'A' pillar or at the back of the car next to the trunk. The sedans all had way more wires going to them but the narest year I found was a 1993, most were 1991 and 1989.

It did look like an antenna motor/mast from a similar year 4 Runner could work but they too were either badly broken or already pulled. The 4 Runner's had a different part number but looked the same. The closest year 4 Runner was a 1994.

Since they were all broken I didn't take the time to remove fenders completely to be sure with the wiring.

Any possibility of taking the current motor apart and trying to service or rebuild it?? If you do pull the motor apart post up some photos of the gear mechanism and the motor, brushes, etc

I'm confused, are you looking for a replacement mast or motor assembly? The mast, which is usually all that breaks is only $30 new from Cdan.

You guys are lucky - the 1997 mast is $50.50 plus shipping:)

Just pulled my mast and motor off my 94. Both work perfectly. About to put them up in the CLASSIFIEDS. If you are interested PM me. Wont be $20 .. but will be significantly less than a new motor and mast.

I'm confused, are you looking for a replacement mast or motor assembly? The mast, which is usually all that breaks is only $30 new from Cdan.

mast is broken, yes. But when I got the lexus the motor assembly was fu-bar'ed too. The easy fix at the time was to gut the innards of the motor: the white nylon toothed spiral, i recall springs, ect. It all went in the trash since it was all gernaded, someone probably pushed/pulled the heck out of the antenna at sometime and bound/broke the heck out of it.

The loud hum of the offroad tires is annoying now that I have no radio. I PM the parting out guys in the AM to see what they want and call a few places locally to see what I can source.

Just pulled my mast and motor off my 94. Both work perfectly. About to put them up in the CLASSIFIEDS. If you are interested PM me. Wont be $20 .. but will be significantly less than a new motor and mast.

Well you can PM me a price but I will use a boom box before spending anyl $$ on a "new motor and mast'. I couldn't think what 'new' dealer parts would run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom