Antenna Mast Issue - UJZ 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, all.

Recently acquired my second 100 Series, a 2002 LX470 with the factory Mark Levinson system installed. Unlike my previous 100 (A 2000 LC), when the head unit powers on the antenna mast extends - both when the CD/TAPE is selected AND when the radio is on. Does anyone know what might cause this? The antenna is annoying to me and it should only extend when the FM/AM is selected.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, all.

Recently acquired my second 100 Series, a 2002 LX470 with the factory Mark Levinson system installed. Unlike my previous 100 (A 2000 LC), when the head unit powers on the antenna mast extends - both when the CD/TAPE is selected AND when the radio is on. Does anyone know what might cause this? The antenna is annoying to me and it should only extend when the FM/AM is selected.

Thanks in advance.

Does it only extend like 4 inches or so? Both my 99 LC and 98LX do this. The LC has a Sony DD radio and the LX is OEM. I found it odd as well. I put a new mast in the LX due to the OEM being broke and did the exact same thing.

Does it only extend like 4 inches or so? Both my 99 LC and 98LX do this. The LC has a Sony DD radio and the LX is OEM. I found it odd as well. I put a new mast in the LX due to the OEM being broke and did the exact same thing.
No - it extends the entire way. It’s just the unit should only send power to the antenna when it’s set to radio not when it’s set to anything else. The problem might be with the antenna relay but i can’t tell.

Mine extends whenever the stereo is powered on. You can still lower it with the up down antenna button while the stereo is powered on. Mine will lower down to just a couple maybe 4 or five inches when stereo powered on, fully retract when powered off, then only raise to the last level i set with the antenna up down switch when powered back on.

Mine extends whenever the stereo is powered on. You can still lower it with the up down antenna button while the stereo is powered on. Mine will lower down to just a couple maybe 4 or five inches when stereo powered on, fully retract when powered off, then only raise to the last level i set with the antenna up down switch when powered back on.
That's interesting. Maybe that's a quirk of the LX's. I'm going to try and figure a way around it, though.

That's interesting. Maybe that's a quirk of the LX's. I'm going to try and figure a way around it, though.

06 lx. Mark Levinson. Upon pressing the cd button from the fm antenna up position, the antennae lowers completely into the hood. Pm me if you would like a video.

06 lx. Mark Levinson. Upon pressing the cd button from the fm antenna up position, the antennae lowers completely into the hood. Pm me if you would like a video.
No, no. I understand. What I mean to say is, for some reason, mine is not setup that way. Maybe somewhere along the line somebody modified how the antenna relay is connected to the stereo unit so that the antenna doesn't go down when the FM/AM is turned off, as it should. My question was if anybody knew how to reset it the way that it works for you - the antenna lowers completely when the CD/TAPE is selected.

No, no. I understand. What I mean to say is, for some reason, mine is not setup that way. Maybe somewhere along the line somebody modified how the antenna relay is connected to the stereo unit so that the antenna doesn't go down when the FM/AM is turned off, as it should. My question was if anybody knew how to reset it the way that it works for you - the antenna lowers completely when the CD/TAPE is selected.

Yes, was just reiterating the lx is not different
nor does it have a quirk the LC does not:)

With the factory radio in my LC it only extended when AM/FM was selected. Now I have an aftermarket one, and it extends whenever the unit is powered on. It's a bit inconvenient, but I've learned to live with it.

With the factory radio in my LC it only extended when AM/FM was selected. Now I have an aftermarket one, and it extends whenever the unit is powered on. It's a bit inconvenient, but I've learned to live with it.
Same here. I added a Lexus Nav head unit from an ES330 to my LC 2000. Now my antenna goes up as soon as radio is turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom