Antenna and antenna switch help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to work out exactly what my antenna switch does. Currently I have no electric antenna (removed by a previous owner) but I'm looking into fitting one. I don't have a camera at the moment, it's overseas so words'll have to do.

My antenna switch has three buttons, a wide "auto" button and underneath it an "up" and a "down" together making up the width of the "auto", so all three in one assembly in one dash blank location. The "auto" button is a toggle switch, the "up" and "down" are momentary.

I've been researching antenna functionality today here, on offroad80s.com and on lcool.org and most people seem to talk about just having an "up" and "down". And I put my VIN into toyodiy.com and the antenna switch pictured only has "up" and "down", although I'm not overly confident in the accuracy of the pictures there. And the only copy of the FSM I have (the downloadable one floating around the web) only has an "up" and "down", although it's not the FSM for my vehicle and I don't think it's even for the Australian market from memory.

So any of you have a button like mine? Pre-95 owners with the curved dash? What does the "auto" function do? I'm guessing it might override the auto up/down feature that all the others seem to have and e.g. prevent auto up when the radio's turned on?

Also, if you do have the same as mine, can you quickly check if your antenna motor hooks into the main harness via two plugs or one? Pictures would be great if possible. I'd also appreciate if you can see the part number on the motor assembly is it 86300-60060? Or maybe 86300-60040? I think I require the 60060 but I've got a line on what's probably a 60040 from a 91 JDM HDJ81 VX model, so that's my problem.

Basically what I want to do is plug an antenna motor that's designed for "up" and "down" only in there but I don't want to even try if it's not going to work, since a lot of people here talk about replacing the motor and the coaxial cable as being among the two most annoying jobs to possibly attempt on an 80.

Even though you've got different models to my Sahara spec I'm hoping some of you might know what I'm talking about.

I've got some feedback on lcool and a picture (not my vehicle or pic):

ao3ynm.jpg

It's the middle switch on the curved part of the dash, the one with the three buttons. None of you guys have this type of button on NA-spec vehicles?

nope only two buttons, up and down for my 97LX

that'a a cool switch. If I had an antenna, I'd totally get that switch! :)

Never seen one like it before. My switch just has up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom