another Wheel spacer / vibration thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently added these wheel spacers from Just Differentials:

1.25 Wheel Spacers

Unfortunately I immediately started experiencing significant vibration, especially between 55-70 MPH. I had them taken off and the vibration is thankfully gone.

The Just Differentials web site says they are for 98+ Land Cruisers, but after I had them taken off I was told they are lug centric spacers, not hub centric - which is what should be used on a 98+ land cruiser. I'll contact Just Differentials tomorrow to hear what they have to say.

I'm very happy to enjoy driving my rig again, but also disappointed. I'll update this thread after I connect with Just Differentials.

I recently added these wheel spacers from Just Differentials:

1.25 Wheel Spacers

Unfortunately I immediately started experiencing significant vibration, especially between 55-70 MPH. I had them taken off and the vibration is thankfully gone.

The Just Differentials web site says they are for 98+ Land Cruisers, but after I had them taken off I was told they are lug centric spacers, not hub centric - which is what should be used on a 98+ land cruiser. I'll contact Just Differentials tomorrow to hear what they have to say.

I'm very happy to enjoy driving my rig again, but also disappointed. I'll update this thread after I connect with Just Differentials.
Those work only on the rear. Did you also put them on the front and that’s where the vibration came from?

Yes, I put them on front and rear. I don't see anything on the web site indicating "rear only" or lug centric.

Yeah Junkcrz is right that those are only for the rear. The fronts spacers will have a lip edge in the center. Send a set back, and ask for the set for the fronts. You bought 2 sets of rears.

OK, thanks!

Those work only on the rear. Did you also put them on the front and that’s where the vibration came from?

Are you sure they even work for the rear? The ones I see on slee for the rear also have a lip (maybe that's what makes them hub centric?).

On a separate note, does anyone know if Just Differentials is even in business anymore? I've sent email inquiries that have gone unanswered and their phone just rings and rings with no voicemail and no answer.

Are you sure they even work for the rear?
They’ll fit on the rear, but may not be hub-centric, like you said.
On a separate note, does anyone know if Just Differentials is even in business anymore?
There was a recent thread on this. They sold out to a larger company.

Thanks, I've reached out to the new company (DPI offroad) to see if I can return the improperly advertised product. I'm not expecting much, but we'll see.

The design of those wheel adapters will work both front and rear granted you have stock alloy wheels. If the center bore is ~110.5mm, it is hub centric to the vehicle. The Slee/Spidertrax wheel adapters mentioned are also "hub centric" between the wheel and the adapter but is not required. These adapters will be lugcentric between the wheel and the adapter as the wheel's center bore won't come into play.

When installing the adapter, be sure you finger tighten each lug in a pattern while kinda wiggling the adapter. Also, clean the mounting surfaces with a wire brush or whatever you have available.

All adapters/spacers will accentuate vibration (to some degree) and road feel due to the change in offset. You can also try swapping the front and rear wheels to see if the condition improves. Or rebalance your wheels. Recommend a "Road Force" balancing machine if it is available in your area.

A wheel adapter that is hubcentric to the vehicle AND to the wheel is certainly better... but not always necessary. You might swap out the adapters for the Spidertrax ones and still experience the same vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom