Another "what’s it worth?’" thread. My 1978 mustard yellow fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like you like doing stuff yourself. If you want to sell it, do it yourself. Take the time to do a super nice write up and take great pictures/videos. Be prepared to answer a ton of questions. Selling top dollar isn't free. Your going to have to work for it.

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see what you get for it, I'm currently restoring a mustard 77 and unfortunately have to sell it to fund another project. GLWS

I'll be curious to see what you get for it, I'm currently restoring a mustard 77 and unfortunately have to sell it to fund another project. GLWS

Nice rig, hold out for the big bucks!

This is easily a $30k plus rig. I have met 3 people in last 4 mos spending $35-50k on rigs that are built like yours. Def hold out for good $$$

thanks for the kind words everyone. It has definitely been a labor of blood, sweat, and tears but worth every bit. It would not have been possible without this forum either, both the detailed write-ups and the inspiring member rigs.

this was it, thanks! wipers return to the horizontal position. really easy fix to, took about 5 min. another reason this forum rocks!

Wow, I was actually able to help someone! Good deal! I guess all that tinkering occasional pays off.:clap:

I offered to buy this truck from Mike and he accepted my offer. Then he sold it to someone else instead. Do not trust this person.

I offered to buy this truck from Mike and he accepted my offer. Then he sold it to someone else instead. Do not trust this person.
Wow. Not quite how it happened.
It is unfortunate that this deal did not work out for this member and that he chose to use this forum as a tool to vent his frustrations. He was given AMPLE opportunity to purchase my rig. I entertained his questions, low ball offers, and inspections (at my expense) for over 2 months while he provided nothing, not even a timeline of when he intended to actually buy. Had he provided any kind of deposit, copy of a plane ticket, ANY gesture of good faith I would have held/sold it to him. Given his recent hate email to me I’m glad that I chose to not do business with him.

BS

I think Overton is right on with values, RM, Mecum, Gooding have sold some "less than correct"(I am being polite) FJ40's for really big money. I spoke with a rep at RM, they typically charge $1-1.5K to sell a vehicle and that seems like a lot. However your rig and some others on here are very accurate, detailed resto's and if that makes the difference between dealing with ebay and buyers that do not end up paying and then you re-list. Or, selling for $20-40K more than you would have gotten on ebay..........seems like an easy decision. Start chatting with sellers on ebay and the "deal hunters" they are trying to sell to, or how many times they have re-listed the vehicle due to dealing with jokers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom