Another What's it Worth Thread - Built 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at keeping my triple locked 80 and selling my 100. It's been my daily for the last 8 years and I'm looking to replace it with a Tundra to pull my 80 and Supra around :).

It's mechanically been pampered by me and has a lot of nice upgrades. I'm the second owner and it's been a Michigan truck it's whole life. With that said, it has some surface rust on the undercarriage. The body is still very clean.

It's a 2000 with 220,000 miles. Here's more detail on it. I'm sure I forgot a few things. What's a good price for it?

Engine
DT Headers (I installed the early DT header mild steel version back in 2011, I’ve since received the new SS version from DT. I replaced the passenger side with the SS version but haven’t gotten around to install the drivers side yet. It will come with the driver’s SS header with new OEM gasket, studs, and nuts). It’s purely an aesthetic OCD thing.
EMS Exhaust – sounds great and dyno’ed +25 HP
Differential breathers run to the hood
Timing Belt/Water Pump Replaced at 130,000 miles (At the same time I replaced the TB Tensioner, Serp Belt Tensioner, all pulleys, Thermostat, Upper/Lower Radiator Hoses, and Fan Clutch). I have all of the OEM parts to perform the TB service that is currently due. They’ll come with the sale or I can install them depending on the sale arrangement.
Suspension
Slee heavy springs
OME HD torsion bars
OME rear/Bilstein front shocks
Slee differential drop
285/75/16 Duratracs
Armor
Slee rear bumper with tire swing out. It does have a second spindle if you want to add another arm.
ARB +03 front bumper (fogs, ARB off road lights with OEM switch in cabin)
Titan 12k lb winch with remote solenoid located in the engine bay
Metaltech sliders
Other Stuff
Bluetooth installed
Viper bronze tint on front windows
Husky floor liners
John Deere HIR bulbs
Recent service
Serpentine belt/idler pulley
New Denso iridium plugs
New transmission filter/fluid (Mobil 1 ATF) – shifts very smooth
New calipers/rotors/pads
Both axles pulled, cleaned, regreased/booted
Bearings repacked
In cabin filters added along with a brand new Denso evaporator, expansion valve, and dissicant
Rear AC has been capped off, blows very cold.
New OEM drivers side front door lock actuator/assembly
New Denso fuel pump, tank and shield (old tank developed a microscopic leak at the pinch weld). Figured that I might as well install a new pump while it was out.
New Denso starter (that was a fun job!)
New OEM radiator/hoses
Always used Mobil 1 filter/5w30 Mobil 1 synthetic
Diffs/Transfer case – Mobil 1 synthetic

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

I'll give you $5 for it.
I'd estimate maybe around ~$10k, to the right person. Maintenance is good, the only downside is the 4-speed automatic. Paint looks great.

100 percent depends on your region and who wants it, though. 220k is not super high yet, but most who aren't familiar with the LC platform/2UZ worry beyond 200k. Interior pictures?

Last edited:
IMO it's worth more than 10k.

Not sure if you have noticed, but we are at a time where the 100 series subforums main method of humble brag is mentioning how great a deal they got on their 100. A lot of people are obsessed with paying bottom dollar.

Take whatever the consensus is here and add 20%.

If I were in the market, I'd be a buyer up to $15K for it. It was well built, using good parts. Timing is due but looks like a lot of the standard maintenance items are covered already and the truck is pretty much turn key. IMO, I think the only thing holding it back from top dollar in the market is being a 4-speed vs 5-speed.

I don't think we're long for the days of cheap 100s as of now. There will be deals for rough trucks but eventually people with clean examples are going to start being more proud of them.

Nice truck. I agree that $15K would be a fair asking price. Depending on the amount of rust of course.

IMO it's worth more than 10k.

Not sure if you have noticed, but we are at a time where the 100 series subforums main method of humble brag is mentioning how great a deal they got on their 100. A lot of people are obsessed with paying bottom dollar.

Take whatever the consensus is here and add 20%.
Fair, I can attest to that. My mistake.

It is a gorgeous truck. Just have to find the right buyer appreciative of the work OP put in.

$10-12k.

I know that 4wd mods don’t return dollar for dollar on resale (what does) but I paid around 10k for my clean 03 with 225ish, bone stock. Given what purpose we all buy these vehicles for, and the type and extent of your mods, I would have been willing to go significantly north of 10. The Michigan car thing certainly carries some stigma, but if the rust is truly superficial I would consider $15k.

If it means anything, I wouldn't sell mine unless there was a '2' in the front of the offer.

Probably not entirely realistic but then, I don't want to sell my truck. But it would cost me close to $20K to reproduce it again.

Fair, I can attest to that. My mistake.

It is a gorgeous truck. Just have to find the right buyer appreciative of the work OP put in.
Definitely did not mean it as an attack on you. Just a lot of what I've seen on this forum over the past yr or so. Although I don't think it's happening quite yet, I agree with @MongooseGA. I think we will turn a corner within the next couple years and clean, well kept and nicely modded vehicles will start carrying a premium.

IMO 15k might be tougher to get, but I also think 13.5-14k should be a layup.

Although I don't think it's happening quite yet, I agree with @MongooseGA. I think we will turn a corner within the next couple years and clean, well kept and nicely modded vehicles will start carrying a premium.

Y'all just keep making instagram accounts and posting yourselves 'overlanding'. We'll all enjoy the bump in values 😁

Y'all just keep making instagram accounts and posting yourselves 'overlanding'. We'll all enjoy the bump in values 😁
I was reading in another thread about a guy wanting to build a cruiser for "weekend" overlanding. Heck, I didn't know that even required a build, or even existed as a "thing". I think my stock LX570 would perfect for that though:cool:

I appreciate all the replies, you’re giving me a good idea where to start. That is, if I can stomach selling it! Every time I drive it I absolutely love it. Best vehicle I’ve ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom