Another WARN finds its home on a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way I read the label in @Hojack s picture in post 45, his winch will hold 80 ft of steel rope. Which I 'think' is what M8000's made today hold. So normal I believe.

Yeah, that's the one he bought (M8000). But I'm talking about the one he said his dad would give him in post #49 (Series 12)

It’s seriously funny how much conversation can be made about a winch.

I bought a 2004 8,000 pound WARN earlier this year brand new never been used. When I told my dad he said I could have his 12,000 pound just sitting on the shop floor. It’s a beast of a winch.
38D89934-1578-4359-A65E-C7E51B3F1BED.jpeg

Anybody running one on their 60. In order for it to fit I need to move the 4plus bumper forward.
6BB0D856-C906-44F8-A95F-DAA57CCBBF36.jpeg

Looks like I’ll need to weld on C-channel to the 4plus and drill new mounting holes.
EC5614FE-F908-4FE4-8385-181B64AF3702.jpeg

Clearence between the winch and front grill.
3D5632AA-9FDA-4B86-99A2-E8023CDB8C10.jpeg

0E886C83-A631-45AD-81A5-0DA49A4F4E23.jpeg

Good choice putting the 12K in the front. I had a warn 10K and winched a lot with it - and always wished it had more umph.

@lcwizard should chime in

Sweet rig by the way!
We do make one for the Warn Heavies.. It does extend farther out by 2 1/2 inches. The drums on the M12, M15, 8274
are all larger than every other Warn. The motors on the M12 ans M15 is on the opposite side compared to the others
and with the full size spool requires an offset of the fairlead hole to stuff the winch in the middle. I've not run across the
small spool version but I'm guessing it's not the standard 10" spread of the normal winch. I'm guessing it came with a short
fairlead like on the UTV winches. Using a full width fairlead may damage the winch housing on side pulls . I don't charge
restocking fees with exchanges but I understand it's inconvenient for someone to setup freight returns. Being 1400 miles away
it's kind of a long weekend trip.
Other Warns that require specific adjustments are the 9500s and the compressor winches. 90 % of winches will fit in one layout.
Warn seems to have the few bastard stepchildren out there. I don't see that specific drum/winch combo on their site. The standard
truck winch has a 10 x 4.5" mounting pattern. They have an industrial 12K that has a 12 drum and holds 120ft of cable but I don't see
a small version of the 12. I would have to know the mounting pattern to build a mount for the shorty. It might be as simple as replacing the drum , tie rods ( the rods running left to right joining the planetary to the motor) and the driveshaft to make the winch full size
and hold more cable

We do make one for the Warn Heavies.. It does extend farther out by 2 1/2 inches. The drums on the M12, M15, 8274
are all larger than every other Warn. The motors on the M12 ans M15 is on the opposite side compared to the others
and with the full size spool requires an offset of the fairlead hole to stuff the winch in the middle. I've not run across the
small spool version but I'm guessing it's not the standard 10" spread of the normal winch. I'm guessing it came with a short
fairlead like on the UTV winches. Using a full width fairlead may damage the winch housing on side pulls . I don't charge
restocking fees with exchanges but I understand it's inconvenient for someone to setup freight returns. Being 1400 miles away
it's kind of a long weekend trip.
Other Warns that require specific adjustments are the 9500s and the compressor winches. 90 % of winches will fit in one layout.
Warn seems to have the few bastard stepchildren out there. I don't see that specific drum/winch combo on their site. The standard
truck winch has a 10 x 4.5" mounting pattern. They have an industrial 12K that has a 12 drum and holds 120ft of cable but I don't see
a small version of the 12. I would have to know the mounting pattern to build a mount for the shorty. It might be as simple as replacing the drum , tie rods ( the rods running left to right joining the planetary to the motor) and the driveshaft to make the winch full size
and hold more cable
From looking at my pics what would you recommend. I can add more C- channel to the 60 frame to extend farther forward and weld it to the 4plus to bring it farther back.

grade 8 is best but Warn usually doesn't ship other than 5. The shear on four 7/16 bolts is pretty high.
Way beyond the winch capacity
I bought grade 8 for mounting. I like the 12K capacity and with some modifications it will be a great addition. Plus I can sell my 2004 brand new WARN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom