Another successful "Clunk" fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know many of ya'll have had yours fixed and sure enough, it's easy! I took apart the shafts and used the "Green Grease" I read about the grease off of the Pirate site. Very good stuff. Anyway, after 10 years of this annoying "thud" upon acceleration from a stop and coming at a stop at red lights is gone...good ridance!
airlaird

Congrats. I did mine a couple months ago and it worked great. It's hard to believe that it is actually something that simple.

airlaird- please post a link to this "green grease" fix. Thanks!

What thud....

..I don't have a thud. What does the green grease correct? TX

If no thud...you're OK. You would know the "thud". Those that have the thud are very aware of it. It's the driveshaft needing grease.
airlaird

I've got an annoying clunk when the tranny downshifts coming to a stop...and I can't find the search function...where does the grease need to be applied?

Just found search under FAQ...but no clunk or thud found.

That's a clunk that can be resolved with the grease. You'll have to take apart the front and rear driveshafts....making sure you mark the shafts so you can put them back in phase again. Hand grease the yokes and splines...then put it back together.
airlaird

Tuner said:
I've got an annoying clunk when the tranny downshifts coming to a stop...and I can't find the search function...where does the grease need to be applied?

Just found search under FAQ...but no clunk or thud found.

This is covered in the driveshaft write-ups in the FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom