Another stupid question - Oil Pressure Sender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Does anyone have a picture of what the connection on the oil pressure sender (not switch) for a 3B look like?

Mine will not stay on, and I can't see why or what it should look like to stay on...

Thanks in advance.

You may need to "squeeze" the clip in the wiring gently with a pair of pliers to get it to stay on the little brass knob Craig:

sender.jpeg

Or do you want a pic of the "clip" part?
sender.jpeg

I actually needed the pic of the clip. I can see it but not well and it is kinda hard to get to with my oil return from my turbo.

Do you happen to have one? I know your truck engine bay is clean enough to eat off of!

I actually needed the pic of the clip. I can see it but not well and it is kinda hard to get to with my oil return from my turbo.

Do you happen to have one? I know your truck engine bay is clean enough to eat off of!

My engine bay isn't that clean these days Craig.

But here are the pics I took just now:

OilSender2.jpg

OilSender1.jpg

Now that I look at it properly, tweaking with pliers doesn't seem to be an option. But I think you should be able to slide a thin strip of plastic in behind the brass in the clip to apply more clamping pressure to the "knob contact".

:cheers:
OilSender2.jpg
OilSender1.jpg

That's exactly what I needed to see. Mine keeps slipping off. I will wedge the back side with some kind of plug and that will keep it in place and improve the contact.

What an odd design considering all of the other connection types they could have used...

As far as clean, yours looks factory or showroom floor compared to mine... I just fixed an oil leak and cleaned her up a bit so hopefully she will stay that way...

That's exactly what I needed to see. Mine keeps slipping off. I will wedge the back side with some kind of plug and that will keep it in place and improve the contact.

What an odd design considering all of the other connection types they could have used...

They used that design at least through '95 trucks. I haven't paid attention on newer ones, but wouldn't be surprised to see them use it as well....

Which also means you can head to the junkyard with some clippers, but a good end off, and solder it onto your existing wire to end up with a good connection.

Dan

I had a problem the other. Before you buy one make sure the ground wire is on good. Mine kept coming off. Quick fix maybe

I connected it up, and it works fine, It just keeps falling off. I needed to see how it was designed to stay on and see if mine had cracked or broken, or if I was just not connecting it correctly...

I connected it up, and it works fine, It just keeps falling off. I needed to see how it was designed to stay on and see if mine had cracked or broken, or if I was just not connecting it correctly...

One side of the plastic is probably split Craig.

You may be able to solve that by fitting a short sleeve of heat-shrink over the thing and then shrinking it on (to grip the thing back together).

Heat-shrink is quite hard/stiff.

On mine there is no tendency for the wire to slide off because the stiffness of that section of wiring keeps pushing it ON by itself.

:cheers:

Gotcha. Perfect description. I have a pigtail for one running around somewhere, but will most likely just get this done with a temporary fix.

Actually it wasn't such a bright idea of mine there Craig. :eek:

I realised soon after posting that ..... You'd have to slit the heat-shrink in a crucial area in order to slide the damn thing on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom