Another Soft Top Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.sounddomain.com
Couple questions about the Bestop Supertop....

1) For the guys that have bought them, where'd you get them? (best prices, etc)

2) I'm probably heading up north next year, to a place where it got to about -50 celcius (about -16 F I think...). How will these things hold up to that sort of weather?

3) How do they fit in w/ stock hard doors? Are they relatively rain/snow resistant?

Thanks in advance

Most that have posted up about these tops in the many previous threads have commented about them not keeping the water/moisture out, from around the doors...

Why do you not want to put on a hard top, especially if you are going to a colder climate?

I didn't notice any bad press on the supertop, more on the tigertop. But I should probably search again :D

I have a hardtop, but quite frankly, it has seen better days. Last winter I was getting a fair bit of snow inside from where it shoudl join to the windshield frame. And the rear looks like it's been rear ended (or smoked a pole) and it's rusted pretty bad

i have used a bestop softtop since 1989 on my daily driver . i've had no problems with my top i lived in Whistler B.C. Canada for 5 years . and quite often hit -30c even used a scraper on the windows not often though . i never had a problem with the snow . one day though the snow was quite wet and had stretched the roof so far that when i jumped in, it almost broke my neck . i have since then installed a full roll cage .which helped support the roof and snow . the only other problem was one day it was quite sunny so i took the roof of for a cool ride . needless to say the roof shrunk so much i couldn't stretch it enough to get it back on . had to take the top inside for the night to warm it up . i still use the same top .to this day i'm not sure what type of bestop it is . tiger or etc.?

Jake
LinkPhoto

-50*C ??? That's -58*F. I'd say layer four hard tops and some foam.

Sounds like you have ruled out the Kayline top. Just curious why. I am getting ready to buy and I am leaning towards the kayline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom