Another Sniper conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, my FJ40 has been sitting for some time. I have tinkered with a few different fuel delivery parts. When I bought it in 2000 it had, an "F" engine and from what I remember a correct original carb. It got a 2F a few years later, and an early 1968 wide "performance" intake and a weber 38, and It ran pretty well. I got weird and bought an Offenhauser 4bbl intake and made an adapter for a 2 barrel Holley Pro-Jection fuel injection kit. It was a 1st generation stand alone analog part. It ran fine for a bit, but the analog ECU died on the trail at GSMTR and would only run in a super rich trim. Off it came and the old intake and Weber went back on. It's been in that configuration for a long time. Out of nowhere I couldn't get it to idle when warm. Tried a new weber, same thing. Resealed intake and exhaust to account for vacuum leaks....no change. I can't find a vacuum leak anywhere. Regardless. Now that time and technology has changed the newer EFI stuff is viable, and I am reconfiguring again. Sniper time and using @redlinelandcruisers adapters, fuel lines and brackets. Looking forward to this. I am going to have to fab up a bracket adapter for the supplied bracket. It is designed for a later 2F not the intake I have, I knew that going in, but it is a great starting point and I'll make it work. Basically just need to make a stand-off for it, not complaining at all. A question for those that have already done this conversion using an OEM air filter housing. Did you disable and or block the thermo valve in the inlet tube? Anyhoo we all like pics, so...
KIMG2402.JPG
KIMG2410.JPG
KIMG2406.JPG

If it runs as good as it looks, you're all set.

Did you disable and or block the thermo valve in the inlet tube?

Do you mean the heat stove off the exhaust manifold that lets warm air into the air cleaner? I left mine set up to work as designed.

Will be interesting seeing how it does with the better intake. I’ve always felt these motors major deficiency was it starved for air at higher rpms due to the restrictions in the intake runners.

If it runs as good as it looks, you're all set.

Did you disable and or block the thermo valve in the inlet tube?

Do you mean the heat stove off the exhaust manifold that lets warm air into the air cleaner? I left mine set up to work as designed.
Haven't gotten that far yet. I am running a header, so it's kind of useless. I am thinking about removing it and fabing up a cover plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom